GSAM Legal Attorney, Vice President/Executive Director, London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB LEGAL
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you. BUSINESS UNIT AND ROLE OVERVIEW
GSAM is a world leading investment management organisation and is part of the Goldman Sachs Asset Management Division (AMD), a core division of the firm. Its clients include some of the world's largest investing institutions and the strategies that it offers span fundamental and quantitative styles of equity investing and a broad range of other asset classes from fixed income and money markets to a diverse range of alternative funds and multi manager strategies. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
The role is a specialist position in the firm's legal department focusing on the firm's alternatives funds businesses across AMD and will be located in the GSAM legal team in London. The role requires a knowledge and understanding of AIFMD and its application to both European and third-country arrangements. The role involves acting as a key lawyer with responsibility for a range of work but with a particular and primary focus on advising on the regulation, establishment, management, governance and marketing of alternative investment funds, primarily AIFs (but also other alternatives structures) which invest on a direct, indirect, primary and secondary basis in securities in both private and public markets (equity and debt as well as other asset classes), real estate and infrastructure and which are established in the major funds domiciles globally, and in particular Luxembourg, Ireland, Cayman and Delaware.
In addition, and given the fundamental developments in the market and in regulations worldwide applicable to the firm's business and the markets that it operates in, a key component of the role will also include contributing to the analysis of, and formulation of strategic responses to, the shifting legal and regulatory framework, particularly in respect of the ongoing development of the firm's growing international funds business. SKILLS / EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- At least 3 years post qualification asset management experience in a well-regarded law firm or in an in-house role.
- Strong understanding of EU regulation of AIFMs, FCA regulation of UK asset managers and regulation applicable to international cross border investment management and funds businesses including AIFMD, MiFID, PRIIPs, CBDF, CMU, SIF, UCITS. Working knowledge of CBI regulation of Irish AIFMs and CP86 would be useful but not essential.
- Familiarity with fund structures established in Luxembourg and Ireland helpful. Knowledge of trading and US regulation also useful but not essential.
- Team player with the ability to be pro-active in a challenging business environment, whilst adhering to firm policies and group practices.
- Personable and confident with ability to interact well directly with the business teams and to take on responsibility for and support key business relationships as well as legal colleagues in other global offices.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity