GIR Technology - Software Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 22 Apr 19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 15 April 2019
Application Closing Date: 12 May 2019
Level: Executive Director
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Global Investment Research (GIR) at Goldman Sachs is one of the largest publishers of research content in the world. Harnessing cutting edge technology we ensure our business is serviced by industry defining software tailored to their needs. Being current and commercial in our content provision and with our bespoke web platform we are breaking new ground as pioneers in the Digital content domain. Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems and develop cutting-edge systems. The Goldman Sachs Investment Research division is undergoing a digital transformation. You'll join the team as we embark on the next generation of our digital platform, with a strong emphasis on interactive HTML5 media, business intelligence and multi-channel content distribution. Many greenfield opportunities await the successful candidate which will be built upon a proven foundation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
Enabling Goldman Sachs' research analysts to model investment ideas efficiently and accurately, whilst ensuring that clients can access these ideas when, where and how they choose. GIR Technologists leverage the latest in cloud, mobile and big data technologies to help define and deliver our digital investment research strategy. As a software engineer, you will be responsible for being part of a team building a green field research distribution platform. We work on a diverse set of Technology platforms and find where their interests lie. We sit with our business users and are exposed, daily, to their thought processes, allowing us to apply relevant technology solutions to the problems they face.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's level, equivalent or above in Engineering, Technology or a related discipline required
- Prior engineering/technology experience gained from working within investment banking/financial services industry required
- Experience of delivering solutions/applications for investment research teams required
- Familiarity with cloud architecture, micro-services, real-time data platform development required
- Significant software development/engineering experience with Java required
- Experience of benchmarking and testing various database systems required
- Demonstrable involvement with continuous improvement and optimisation initiatives required
- Strong analytical and problem solving mind-set required
- Proven record of working across the full product lifecycle, producing high level and detailed designs required
- Willingness to collaborate with our business partners to understand and implement their requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be a team-player with experience of working in global teams
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.