GFS Fund Accounting NAV Consultant
GFS Fund Accounting NAV Consultant Description
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
This role is within Northern Trust's growing UK Fund Accounting team. This team looks after more than 10% of all UK Authorised Funds for numerous Fund Management clients. This role is to work in one of the client focused teams to provide NAV Oversight of our offshore locations and service all of the clients' needs relating to the NAV process. The key responsibilities of the role include:
• To have oversight on NAVs (most daily) & production during BCP instances, for multiple Fund types mainly Unit Trusts and OEICs
• To assist other partners and teams on query resolution
• To review the reconciliations against Custody for all currencies within a specified time frame.
• To produce monthly reporting for onward transmission to the Trustees and answering any queries posed within specific timeframes in a prompt and professional manner.
• To keep outstanding items to an absolute minimum, and to resolve any outstanding items ASAP.
• Communicate professionally & effectively with other NT Departments, Trustees/Depositaries, Custodians, Auditors, and Clients (the Fund Management Companies to which we provide a service), ensuring that they are more than satisfied at all times.
• To deliver a quality service to our clients and take the necessary corrective and preventative actions to ensure all KPI deadlines and quality standards are met.
• Support the development of the production jurisdiction and actively provide feedback on performance to local managers.
• Continually assess the oversight team's processes to improve efficiency, reduce risk or cost, as well as assisting in the enhancement of revised departmental procedures for use as a training tool. Qualifications
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• The applicant should currently hold a senior analyst or senior accountant position, or previously held that position within another financial services environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills for liaising with other members within their team, other internal department, Trustees/Depositaries, Custodians, Auditors and the Fund Management Companies to which we provide a service.
• Able to work under pressure to achieve the timetabled deadlines for delivery to our client's deliverables, with a mature approach.
• Knowledge of the FCA regulations pertaining to Unit Trusts, Mutual Funds and Open Ended Investment Companies (OEICs) i.e. COLL.
• Completed modules in the IOC (or Industry standard equivalent).
• Possess strong written skills with numerical and computer literacy - including strong spread sheet skills with Excel plus Word, Lotus Notes and Invest One Enterprise. About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.