- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Not Specified
- Job Type: Full time
State Street State Street (SSC) continues to grow its IMS division by deploying leading edge technology and services for its Middle Office clients. SSC has demonstrated success with major client wins in Europe. IMS-GCS EMEA is increasing its talent to support the sales, planning, development,State Street
State Street (SSC) continues to grow its IMS division by deploying leading edge technology and services for its Middle Office clients. SSC has demonstrated success with major client wins in Europe. IMS-GCS EMEA is increasing its talent to support the sales, planning, development, and roll-out of the outsourcing business and require keen and experienced investment operations, business professionals, to play a key role in delivering a successful solution.
- The Assistant Vice President (AVP) GCS has responsibilities for a deal from the period of inception e.g. the receipt of a RFP (Request for Proposal), or the start of due diligence through to the completion of contract signing or conversion, they are the ‘Deal lead’ for IMS. The AVP GCS Deal lead may provide support to multiple engagements simultaneously to ensure work is completed within pre-determined deadlines by managing his/her time appropriately
- The AVP GCS will work with the Sector sales team to develop strategy for investment operations prospects and to identify cross sell opportunities. Also, the AVP-GCS will prepare client proposals and presentation materials and present at prospective client meetings and consultant meetings.
- To provide insight for solutions, the deal lead must develop in-depth knowledge of assigned project and/or product(s) by researching facets of the operation that are unclear and developing a concise picture of the current state.
- Throughout the service definition/due diligence phase the AVP GCS will be required to lead/attend client meetings, to agree business requirements, scope of services, maintain the project plans and provide support to the Project Lead and PMO, in researching and understanding the client requirements in greater depth.
- The deal lead should develop knowledge of other State Street products to recommend to their supervisor where they may be beneficial. This knowledge can be developed by meeting with product owners, performing research during down times, and as required in a client situation. The deal lead should develop knowledge of non-proprietary products being used in client organizations to determine how they can be leveraged or eliminated. Research via Internet and interviews with both the client and the developer will facilitate this knowledge development.
- The deal lead should develop multiple solutions for issues to provide options for middle office clients. This position will conduct brainstorming and planning sessions with team members to facilitate the generation of these ideas. By documenting client specific issues and the current operating environment in concise and client presentable format, the deal lead must be able to convey proper courses of action based on analysis and metrics.
- To ensure that solutions and issues properly escalated to the client and State Street sponsor, the deal lead must prepare formal presentations using PowerPoint and all other tools available on the desktop. As the pre-contract activities progress, the AVP GCS will assist in the documentation and mapping of operating models, Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Transition related documents and plans. Post contract signing, the AVP GCS will interact with the Onboarding teams and the IT project department to detail out specific client requirements both business and technology which will need to be developed by State Street. The AVP GCS will provide support throughout the life cycle of the business and development of processes through to implementation, client conversion and business as usual.
- The deal lead will actively communicate the status of work with other team members to ensure that everyone involved is fully informed, and if necessary re-allocate work.
- Prepare client proposals (RFI/RFP) and presentation materials and present at prospective client meetings and consultant meetings, identify cross sell opportunities, as part of the proposal. Assist in preparing project information by attending and facilitating client and internal meetings.
- Preparation of deal financials, model, assumptions and internal approval as appropriate. Ensure that all new business activities follow the established sales process including qualification, the approval process (Sell it Right / Deal Team), and maintain pipeline reporting. Active participation in new deal internal and joint steering committee meetings and escalation of issues as appropriate
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders including other business lines and corporate functions and external stakeholders, such as clients and consultants.
- Prepare project planning materials and presentations & identifies gaps and discrepancies in information gathered during the Due Diligence process
- Assist in the analysis of current processes and recommends solutions and improved processes. Assist in the documentation of SLA, operating models and transition plans. Drafts / review / negotiate detailed requirements and documentation such as scope of services
- Lead the assigned junior team members, Business analysts, (BA) to record meeting proceedings and maintaining tracking documents during the service definition phase.
- Assist the Onboarding & Technology teams in the data migration conversion process and the data initialization of newly deployed Enterprise components.
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
- Liaises with colleagues within other State Street offices and teams globally. Ensure all activities are compliant with corporate standards
- Maintain clear and effective communications with immediate colleagues and Senior Management
- Adheres to internal procedures and best practices at all times
Level of Education/ Qualifications:
- Degree in finance, business, technology or equivalent business experience & qualifications Skills and Experience - interpersonal, numerical, problem-solving, analytical, etc
- Minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience gained in the asset management sector, including Investment operations and/or Client facing role
- Project planning experience
- An understanding of processes and systems necessary to support investment operations (IMS experience an advantage)
- Experience in change management or system to system data conversion
- Understanding of data mapping between Investment systems an advantage
- Experience of managing and operating within a client environment. Required Competencies - motivation, team skills, ability to work under pressure, etc.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Presentable and credible in front of clients
- Candidate must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative.
- Good team member and be able to work well under pressure with rest of team
- Candidate must be self-assured and react well within critical deadline situations
- PC skills, including office applications (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Project planning (MS-Project) scheduling and flowcharting software (MS- Visio)
- Visual basic / advanced excel / Access database skills an advantage
- Requirement for business travel at short notice and flexible working hours: i.e. weekend working and extended hours on occasion, linked to client assignments and proje
ct deadlines. Professional organisation membership / certification
- Membership of a professional body preferred (e.g. CISI, ACA, CIMA, CFA)