Our clients, a prestigious consultancy with clients in finance sector is looking for a GCP Security Architect to join their team in London for a perm role.
- Help define and implement cloud offerings in client facing engagements.
- Work collaboratively with project delivery leads and cloud engineers to effectively deliver the required levels of quality for the customer solutions.
- You will join a project engineering team and focus on adding design and hands-on expertise, ensuring outcomes meet the highest technical and agile standards.
- Help to identify opportunities within client sites to help drive sales.
- Engage in pre-sales activities for both new business and existing customers.
- Develop a view of various architecture domains covering applications, information, security, and infrastructure working with other specialists
- Socialise the architecture artefacts and work closely with the design and delivery teams to help them understand the architecture and guide them through the delivery lifecycle.
- Participate in various governance forums to get approval for the architecture artefacts and present possible options to resolve any ongoing architecture challenges
- Support innovation and thought leadership from a technical standpoint both internally and externally to support business strategy
- Help drive tech brand in the market, by contributing white papers, blogs, and tech articles
- Keep track of tech trends in the industry and identify competitive advantages
Competencies and Skills Needed
- Demonstrable experience as a cloud architect for a technology, enterprise, or consulting organisation
- Extensive experience with architecture frameworks (e.g., TOGAF)
- Hands-on experience of using modern architecture patterns and familiarity with the development and delivery of architectures in both Service and System-Oriented Environments Strong leadership skills
- Strong communicator
- Strategic thinking-ability to execute the company tech strategy
- Strong team player and collaborator
- Stakeholder management
- Technical skills need to be current, including extensive cloud knowledge in at least one of the major cloud vendors; covering infrastructure, security, HA/DR, Logging & monitoring, CI/CD
- Proficiency in at least one of the following: Terraform, ARM, CloudFormation, PowerShell, python
- Mentoring skills
- Any previous experience in mergers and acquisitions a plus.
- Demonstrable experience designing cloud native architecture
- Capable of clearly articulating technical designs and reasons for the choices
- Architecture certifications in at least 1 of the 3 major cloud providers
- Previous experience of cloud migrations and transformations
- Pre-sales experience, with contribution in both sales and technical aspects
- Proficiency with documentation; producing HLDs, LLDs and supporting operations guides.
- Our values are very important to us, so someone who understands the power of recognising others and saying, “thank you” and who leads a team, not manages it, is essential.
- Collaborative and team player