GB Controller Analyst, AVP 12 month maternity cover
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Apr 19
GB Controller Analyst, AVP 12 month maternity cover
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: None
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18067458
1. Support the GB Controller in owning the financials for GB Legal Entities ensuring completeness and accuracy of financial reporting and disclosure, in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
2. To Support the UK Controllers team to help them meet their Head Office and Local Management and Regulatory reporting objectives.
3. Support the GB Controller in ensuring that financial reporting to Management is delivered on time, complete, accurate and compliant with Group accounting policies.
4. Understand the end to end process of financial reporting in terms of system and data flow to identify any problems and ensuring the correct Reporting.
5. Contribute to efficiency optimization for the team, through process review, standardization and automation.
6. Work with the GB Controller to create an environment of teamwork by working with others to achieve common goals, sharing information and developing supportive, working relationships with all stakeholders
7. Be an ambassador for "Brand Finance" ensuring that GB Legal Entities have strong communication skills, has business knowledgeable, is professional and is viewed as the "go to" contact for all queries related to GB Legal Entity activities.
This requirement is within the UK Bank Chain Legal Entity Management Team, pre G.O.M, reporting into UK Controllers.
• To help embed the GB controller "stop coordinating, start controlling" strategy within GB Legal Entities and relevant support areas
• Support the GB Controller to take full ownership and accountability for the GB Legal Entities numbers by ensuring that robust analysis is performed over the PandL and BS to provide insight into business variances and key drivers
• Help manage the reporting of the numbers to multiple stakeholders, both local and offshore given the unique GCG structure across EMEA legal vehicles and APAC managed Geography;
• To support the GB Controller with the interaction with internal and external audit on all matters related to GB Legal Entities and to ensure that any requests, deliverables, issues or points are owned and actioned appropriately
• To support the GB Controller to understand the impact of new internal and external policies and ensure compliance with new reporting requirements
• To support the GB Controller to ensure GB Legal Entities entity compliance with all relevant policies and directives
• Liaise with EMEA Accounting Policy to keep abreast of changes in US and Local GAAP impacting GB Legal Entities as necessary
• Ensure all Control Files are prepared as per the regional processes, reviewed and submitted to the GB Controller to within deadline
• Utilize the CAP process to raise, escalate and resolve issues related to Any GB headquartered Bank Chain entities
• Balance Sheet account ownership - ensure proper oversight of balance sheet substantiation process.
US and Corporate Reporting (This is an INTERIM Responsibility until US Reporting is migrated to the Mumbai FRSS site)
• Contribute to the GB LEM ARA / MCA / PRC and Control File index to ensure they cover all critical GB Legal Entities entity risks
• Be aware of and understand any US GAAP Accounting Policy changes impacting the GB Bank Chain entities
• Ensure robust analysis is performed over the PandL and BS of GB Legal Entities to provide insight into business variances and key drivers
• To ensure queries from, and deliverables to, multiple stakeholders (UK CCO, SMR, Product Control, FPandA, etc.) are actioned, delivered on time and are of high quality
• Support the implementation of new processes and directives impacting GB Legal Entities
• Support the integrated close activities GB Legal Entities to ensure proper execution and act as an escalation point for issues
• Participate month end legal entity meetings to ensure US GAAP controls are enforced and repeat issues or late adjustments are understood, analysed, escalated and / or eliminated.
• Support the execution of relevant regional initiatives
Local Financial Reporting (LFR)
• Work with the GB Controller to improve the GB headquartered Bank Chain LFR processes and make them more effective, informative and timely
• Work with the Budapest CSC and the GB Controller to build strong controls around the LFR monitoring process. Ensure LFR process are thoroughly documented, reviewed and attested between relevant stakeholders
• Work with the Mumbai FRSS and the GB Controller to ensure that GB Legal Entities have a best in class LFR estimate, reporting and variance analysis process
• Work with the relevant SME or offshore centre on the preparation and controls around local statutory, regulatory and financial reporting related to GB Legal Entities items
• Ensure any Local GAAP Accounting Policy changes impacting GB Legal Entities are fully understood, documented and embedded within LFR as appropriate
• Through this role the successful candidate would gain an in-depth experience of:
- The Global Consumer and ICG business within Citigroup;
- The Reporting framework and gain exposure to all areas of the Controller organisation and an understanding how Finance is structured to meet the expectations and requirements both from senior management. external regulators and wider stakeholders
- Legal Entity Management, US and Corporate Reporting and Local Financial and Statutory Reporting within a various GB legal entities.
- Key end-to-end finance processes with their risks and controls
- Business analysis and communication of the relevant results
- Communication skills: how to express thoughts logically, clearly and concisely, in both written and oral communication, and tailoring communication to suit various audiences.
• The role will also bring exposure to Citi EMEA and APAC leadership, senior London management and provide opportunities to influence the strategic direction of the firm
• Strong Finance professional, with a number of years experience in the Controllers organisation within Citi or within the Financial Industry and/or audit
• Good knowledge of Financial Reporting; Financial Reporting trends and future requirements; US GAAP and IFRS
• Working knowledge of Financial Markets and products
• A strong control and regulatory mind-set and ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with a wide range of people across different functions and levels of seniority.
• Ability to work with a diverse set of stakeholders, influence others and build strong working relationships is critical.
• Strong communication skills, able to express oral and written points logically, clearly and concisely and to tailor appropriately to different audiences.
• Strong analytical skills are a must; good communication and presentation skills would be an asset.
• A finance professional with extensive years experience in Controllers or Audit (preferred)
• Professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent, would be beneficial.
• An energetic and highly motivated self-starter with an assertive character, a hands-on approach and who aspires to be a key contributor in a dynamic team environment of professionals
• Strong interpersonal skills are needed to be able to deal with a range of senior/junior staff across a number of disciplines, and across a wide range of countries
• A proactive decision maker who has the ability to champion Finance initiatives and to improve processes both from a tactical short term viewpoint, and also from a strategic longer term perspective, and to implement these initiatives to completion
• Displays clear accountability and ownership of issues; has strong leadership capabilities, with a focus on staff development
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer