GB Compliance Director - Corporate Risk and Broking
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
The GB Compliance Director will lead the management and co-ordination of Willis Towers Watson Group Compliance policies and procedures for Corporate Risk and Broking in GB. They will identify regulatory requirements and implement relevant processes to enable standards to be met and provide guidance andThe GB Compliance Director will lead the management and co-ordination of Willis Towers Watson Group Compliance policies and procedures for Corporate Risk and Broking in GB. They will identify regulatory requirements and implement relevant processes to enable standards to be met and provide guidance and training as necessary as well as assisting with the management and co-ordination of the relationship with and requirements of the regulator.
Assist with Willis Towers Watson Compliance policies and procedures
- Identify and assess the compliance risks applicable to the business.
- Provide support and guidance to the business in understanding its responsibilities and obligations under relevant Willis Towers Watson policies (e.g. Anti-Bribery & Corruption, Conflicts of interest, Financial Crime, Gifts & Entertainment, KYC, Complaints, Sanctions, Third Party Payments, WEM); respond to queries on the interpretation of relevant compliance policies.
- Discuss promptly with the CEO and Group Director Risk and Compliance any relevant compliance or regulatory issues; report the issue as appropriate; and agree the corrective action to be taken including responsibility, timelines and review date.
- Compare and analyse MI produced by the business, Compliance Monitoring reports and internal /external audit reports and discuss findings with the business.
- Identify new regulations applicable to the business.
- Identify compliance training needs within the business units and develop training plan for the year, taking advantage of available UK wide compliance training provided by the central compliance team and online training.
- Provide regular updates on and commentary to CEO and/or Board of Directors. Updates to cover actions taken to manage the compliance risks and regulatory developments and issues
- Attend Willis Limited Board meetings.
- Maintain positive relationships with business unit leadership and the Board of Directors of Willis Limited
- Foster close relationships with other business support areas, including Directors of Group Legal, Group Risk and Internal Audit and other Compliance Directors
- Co-ordinate with Internal Audit on compliance matters.
- Educated to Degree level. Likely that the job holder will also have a relevant professional qualification – legal, accountancy or business
- Significant London Insurance Market knowledge and acquired at Senior Management level
- Experience reporting to a Board of Directors
- FCA “approved person” preferred
- Commercial awareness – a commercially lead, pragmatic and proactive approach to managing compliance
- Team player with good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timelines and without direct supervision
- Organised and methodical with excellent analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing. Fluent business English essential.
- IT literate – knowledge of Microsoft office packages needed
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer