Future Opportunities - Forensic Analytics Manager, Transaction Monitoring, Financial Advisory, London/St Albans
Your opportunity Investigating fraud, bribery and corruption, financial crime - it's just another day at the office for our Forensic Technology experts.
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's growing Forensic Technology practice. We work with both UK and global Deloitte partners to undertake a wide range of fraud, corruption and regulatory investigations. We also help our clients harness technology to identify and address related challenges in a variety of industries.
As the leading company for global forensic and dispute advisory services, we're constantly sought out by high-profile organisations who need to perform extensive, complex and often urgent investigations into their business operations and data. Our rapidly growing analytics team comprises a group of specialists drawn from a wide range of different professional and technical backgrounds. We apply our combined skills and experience to find new ways of solving our clients' most complex data and analysis challenges.
The scope of our work, which ranges from developing technical solutions to advising clients and helping them to proactively manage their own risks, means that you will find numerous opportunities to grow your own portfolio of skills and excel at what you do best. Away from project work, we offer both formal and informal support for continuous professional development, to accelerate your career progression within a rapidly growing team.
You can expect to manage challenging, client-facing projects and be actively involved in growing our business from day one. You will work directly with our clients to understand the challenges they face and design, propose and deliver solutions that address them. In between projects you will use your constantly growing experience to identify and secure new business opportunities for our team. Join us and you'll be joining a growing team of multi-disciplinary, technically excellent and highly motivated people.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
Using cutting edge technology you'll work alongside colleagues, often in multi-disciplinary teams, helping to solve our clients' most significant challenges. In particular, as a Transaction Monitoring Specialist you will work on a wide range of Financial Crime projects, helping our clients to use analytics and technology to meet their obligations under national and international regulations.
Leading a small project team you will help to find solutions for clients on projects typically driven by compliance and risk problems, mainly in the financial crime and regulatory fields. You will work directly with our clients to understand the challenges they face and design, propose and deliver solutions that address them.
Specific responsibilities will include:
Your work, your choice
- Scoping the delivery of projects, working closely with clients and other project stakeholders to understand their requirements;
- Leading the delivery of analytical work leading a team/(s) of colleagues;
- Providing subject matter expertise (SME) to our Financial Crime team including in the area of Transaction Monitoring solutions;
- Managing the quality and accuracy of your team's work and addressing risks as they arise;
- Evaluating new technologies to expand the scope of the team's work and improve its efficiency;
- Contributing to the overall business management and leadership of the forensic analytics team;
- Contributing to the firm's talent agenda, managing and working effectively in diverse teams and helping to foster an inclusive culture where people are recognised for their contribution;
- Supporting the ambition of the team to be the leading forensic analytics experts in the UK and beyond, through growing the team to enable development of a broad range of quality client relationships across all industries and through the adoption of both cutting-edge and well-established technologies;
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London or St. Albans with a requirement for national and international travel for specific client projects. We work across various industries - our clients are wide-ranging, and associated projects will vary in both location and duration.
Suggested work pattern: This is a permanent role with options for flexible working. At times work may be required outside standard office hours in order to meet the needs of our clients. Your professional experience
- Transaction Monitoring and Financial Crime domain expertise and/or technical knowledge acquired from a Compliance, Business or IT perspective;
- Experience of leading and managing project-based work;
- Ability to work with and lead project teams, helping to motivate team members;
- A desire to understand business problems and to evaluate the results of your work in a business context;
- Supporting the development of colleagues through mentoring and knowledge sharing;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that you can adapt to technical and non-technical audiences;
- Contribution to or development of proposals and propositions for internal or external clients.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
- Relevant postgraduate or professional qualifications (including compliance experience as a practitioner and/or Financial Crime compliance qualifications (e.g. ICA or ACAMS or equivalent));
- Experience of working on projects for external clients;
- Experience of working in or working on projects in regulated industries, particularly financial services;
- Knowledge of a market leading rules engine based solution for Financial Crime compliance (e.g. Actimize, Norcom, Mantas, BAe Detica, SAS etc.)
- Use of 'traditional' data analytics tools and techniques (e.g. MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL) and ETL software (e.g. SSIS, Informatica, CloverETL) to address Financial Crime problems;
- Scripting or programming (e.g. Java, Python, C#).
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you'll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLFINA BAFRSC BAFTEC CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 177189