Funding Controller - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
Global Funding Controllers (GFC) are responsible for controlling and providing business support for the funding arms of the Firm and is part of the ISG Finance organization. Within London, GFC comprises of the following core groups: Bank Resource Management (BRM) controllers, Treasury Capital Markets (TCM) Controllers, and Liquidity & Funding Controllers (LFC) and the centralized Funding Reporting and Analytics Team. Pre 2008 crisis, funding was easy to obtain and not priced into trades due to ample liquidity in the markets. Post 2008, the landscape looks dramatically different where the economy and regulators have put a spotlight onto Funding and Liquidity making GFC both a focus and growth area.
An opportunity exists in the Reporting and Analytics team, which is responsible for reporting and analytics for funding balance sheet and P&L, as well as GFC ownership of key strategic project initiatives such as the Firm’s funding balance sheet tool, Enhanced Balance Sheet (“EBS”). The team is also responsible for analyzing and attributing funding costs to the Business Units to help incentivize optimal trading behavior and decisions. Primary clients are Finance Senior Management, Corporate Treasury and the finance teams of the Business Units they fund (Wealth Management, Investment Management and Intuitional Securities Group). The role provides an excellent opportunity into Morgan Stanley’s core businesses and Balance Sheet with exposure to all products traded.
The role will include the following involvement and responsibilities:
- Responsible for production and analytical review of unsecured funding sources and uses reporting at consolidated firm level and legal entity level
- Responsible for consolidation, review and analysis of GFC FinRep regulatory reporting requirements
- Responsible for calculation, analytical review and posting of Treasury transfer pricing, and assisting with the automation and continued enhancements to that process
- Assist with the production of annual ICAAP UK Group Treasury P&L forecast and allocations to business units, working closely with Corporate Treasury and ISG Reporting
- Responsible for consolidating weekly EMEA Finance Management Committee Review packs for GFC
- Ad hoc management projects will be assigned
This is not an exhaustive list of tasks, and responsibilities may change in line with the team and business needs.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and strong sense of urgency
- Analytical mindset and good problem solving skills
- Risk aware and good guardianship skills
- Ability to critically evaluate processes and controls and make suggestions for improvement
- Fully qualified or part-qualified accountant
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.