Fundamental Portfolio Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 04 Apr 18 2018-04-04
An alternative investment manager that uses advanced data science to make investment decisions are looking for a L/S equity Portfolio Manager. The key expertise is applying a predictive signal to individual stocks in order to generate positive outcomes. The role requires detailed experience constructing L/S equity trading and investment strategies. The PM will cooperate with and be supported by our data science and engineering teams.
The PM can approach investing from a quantitative or fundamental perspective using various styles and time horizons of trading. We are a quantitative firm but the PM does not need to be quantitative (although they can be).
The individual must have experience managing a profitable portfolio. This is not an analyst position, we are looking for experienced insight into the application of signals to live positions.
About the role
- Constructing active L/S equity investment strategies
- Guide a team of analyst and use their output in a stock selection system
- Provide insight into the changing fundamental drivers of equity returns
Skills and experience
- Degree in Finance, Mathematics, MBA, CFA, CAIA or related study
- At least 5 years experience managing an equity portfolio within an asset management firm
- Demonstrable investment track record