Fund of Funds - Senior Analyst
- GBP50000 - GBP75000 per annum + bonus ~+ benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Cameron Kennedy
- 12 Apr 18 2018-04-12
Cameron Kennedy are recruiting on behalf of a leading investment and wealth management group within their dynamic and rapidly expanding Manager researchTeam. Reporting to the Head of Manager Research, the role includes a wide range of analysis and reporting to colleagues so that they understand the risks of the structured products that they own.
Fund of Funds - Senior Analyst
£50,000 - £75,000 + Bonus + Benefits
City - London
Cameron Kennedy are recruiting on behalf of a leading investment and wealth management group within their dynamic and rapidly expanding Manager Research Team.
Reporting to the Head of Manager Research, the role includes a wide range of analysis and reporting to colleagues so that they understand the risks of the structured products that they own.
- Support the investment process by sourcing the best ideas for the recommended list using critical thinking and rigorous due diligence.
- Responsible for actively monitoring and reviewing opportunities in the wider investment universe on an ongoing basis to ensure recommendations are the best available, reflecting the breadth and depth of the recommended list.
- Conduct / take part in manager meetings to facilitate a thorough analysis and exploration of the investment opportunity
- Communicate conviction clearly and persuasively on a timely basis relating to developments with significant holdings that are widely held by our clients. Give guidance to investment managers on risk of recommendations and portfolio context.
- Understand the extent of buy in to recommendation changes and provide relevant follow up communication to demonstrate conviction as appropriate.
- Develop a broad and generalist knowledge of all fund of funds investment areas to enable challenge and appropriate understanding when debating investment ideas.
- Align collectives outputs with asset allocation strategy by conducting research on sectors and themes. Previous examples include disruptive technologies, specialist property fund launches and European funds' exposure to Southern states.
- Collaborate effectively within the manager research team, to help develop a strong, innovative and supportive culture to the wider business and play an active role in managing the Research portfolio.
- Further collaborate with committee members, the asset allocation committee and the wider research team to share ideas, take feedback and provide technical expertise for the business channels.
- Build relationships and rapport across the firm and represent the company and its research team and investment process externally where appropriate.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Strong academics including minimum 2:1 degree from a good university, CFA part or fully qualified and a minimum of 2 years manager research experience.
- Broad or growing knowledge and strong interest of the investment universe including onshore and offshore, legal structures, ETFs, structured products, absolute return and derivatives based strategies.
- Deep or growing understanding of investment risk
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Ideally a confident presenter
- Ability to analyse facts and arguments critically to produce credible, lucid recommendations
- Strong, clear and rational communication skills, both written and verbal and a confident presenter
- Good attention to detail but ideally considers the broader economic and business landscape.
- Self starter who is able to take initiative, manage their time and operate successfully on an independent basis
- Committed team player
By applying to this job you are agreeing to our privacy notice which is freely available to view at: https://www.cameronkennedy.com/privacy