Fund Solutions Business Development Manager
- Competitive plus benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Investec Bank plc
- 15 Mar 18 2018-03-15
The Fund Solutions Business Development Manager role is an exciting opportunity to be part of an ambitious and dynamic team whereby you will be the first point of contact for Investec’s new fund clients
Fund solutions - business development
Description of Role and Key Responsibilities
It’s 1974 in apartheid South Africa. In this oppressive environment, two brothers and some close friends begin a journey together. Driven by a passion to succeed, with honesty and cast-iron integrity they resolve to build a business that lives in society, not off it. It happened to be a finance company, which grew to become a bank.
It started with five people and four chairs. The last one into the office each day had to go out to find new business and opportunity. Most of those who started that journey over 40 years ago are still at Investec today, though you won’t see the word ‘Founder’ on Ian, Stephen, Bernard or Glynn’s business cards. They built an organisation that dispensed with job titles in pursuit of a culture where people aim high, compete fiercely, but stay grounded.
Our strength comes from our ability to find those people who like our client’s share a passion for high performance and have an entrepreneurial spirit. A client focus like no other to help them succeed. We strive to be ‘Out of the Ordinary’ in everything we do. Today we are part of a global financial organisation with over 8,000 people. Times have changed but our resolve and principles never will.
By hiring the right people, we can ensure that the service we give our clients is extraordinary and memorable. Does this sound like the type of bank you would like to work for?
About our Corporate & Institutional Treasury team:
We provide foreign exchange, interest rate, commodity and money-market services to family run businesses, mid- large sized private companies, listed companies, funds and financial institutions. The way in which we differentiate ourselves is through our people; all coming together to deliver on a common purpose.
The business has enjoyed enormous growth and our journey has just begun.
The Fund Solutions role:
You will be responsible for significantly growing the number of fund clients, maximising client satisfaction, spotting broader bank opportunities, identifying and delivering strategic hedging solutions for fund clients and creating long term, transparent and robust client relationships:
- Hunger and persistence to convert new client opportunities
- Empathy and diligence to embed these relationships, and
- Proactivity and passion to develop these client relationships within the team and across the wider bank
- Character and hunger is really important for this role. We are looking for someone with sales acumen, who is hard-working, proactive, energetic, gregarious and passionate. As a client facing role, you need to have a certain spark to your personality and that glint in your eye.
Core Skills and Attributes
To act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating our customers fairly (compulsory)
Regulatory Knowledge as applicable to role (compulsory)
Do you have a combination of these skills or characteristics?
- Proven sales experience
- An understanding of the alternative investment fund universe
- Experience identifying, structuring and delivering derivative solutions to clients
- A motivated self-starter
- Highly articulate. Great communication to ensure that our products and value proposition are made
- relevant and straightforward to our clients
- Confident, proactive and diligent
- Passion for building relationships
- Drive and determination
- Results oriented
- Naturally curious and inquisitive
- Respectful to others and themselves
- Will excel in a collaborative team environment