Fund Reporting Specialist
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- PIMCO Europe Ltd
- 21 May 19
Fund Reporting Specialist
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.76 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,600 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
The PIMCO Funds Business Management Group is responsible for operating public and private fund complexes globally with over $700 billion in AUM. The European Funds team is primarily responsible for oversight of PIMCO's European mutual funds consisting of more than 90 funds with over $180 billion in AUM distributed in over 26 countries.
A Specialist in the PIMCO Fund Reporting team will be charged with assisting in the oversight of the preparation, delivery and filing of the annual and semi-annual reports of PIMCO's European domiciled Funds, along with the management of the annual audits.
He or she will be expected to work in tandem with members of the Fund Accounting, Pricing, Technology and Tax teams servicing PIMCO's European funds in the London office, plus global offices in the US and Asia to document, oversee, and execute processes related to the oversight of the fund administration service providers.
We are looking for an inquisitive, sharp, tireless, passionate, person that will learn quickly, play a key role in achieving operational excellence and grow with the business. This role will coordinate extensively with product business owners within the group and across the firm. The appropriate candidate will be able to exhibit project management skills through a proven track record of meeting deadlines and coordinating across functional areas.
Key responsibilities :
- Review of financial statements and ensure the integrity and timeliness of all financial information being reported
- Oversight of financial reporting preparation at the administrators of the Funds
- Management and oversight of the auditors of the Funds
- Conducting accounting research (e.g. new accounting guidance)
- Coordination and communication with appropriate internal departments
- Develop and present reports to senior management, boards and committees
- Oversight and implementation support of statutory regulatory reporting returns
- Manage various projects related to process improvements, procedure and systems development
- Ad hoc projects
- Education - chartered accountant, university degree or equivalent in accounting
- The candidate will ideally have experience in an accounting/financial reporting role, preferably with a demonstrated track record of success in a well-regarded accounting firm and/or financial services company (ideal would be a minimum of 5 years in the industry)
- Solid understanding of Irish GAAP, IFRS and/or US GAAP, and a strong foundation of financial reporting in a regulatory environment
- Solid understanding of UCITS, AIFMD and Irish Company law requirements as they impact financial reporting
- Experience in or working with investment companies
- Ability to research technical accounting issues and document conclusions
- Strong project management skills
- Strong time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to multi-task and deliver under tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail and constant focus on quality and client service
- Excellent communication, organisational and analytical skills
- Strong team player
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office