Fund Product Manager
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
The Investment Product and Fund Strategies (IPFS) group is responsible for product management, spanning the full range of Wellington's product offerings, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives strategies, globally. Within IPFS sits the Wellington Management Fund's Global fund businesses ("WMF Global"), and as of 31 July 2021, WMF Global comprised of around 90 funds domiciled in Ireland (UCITS), Luxembourg (UCITS and AIFs), as well as in Cayman, Canada, Australia and Singapore with assets of circa US$60 billion.
This role sits within the IPFS - WMF Global Product Development team, and the Fund Product Manager role presents an exciting opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing group, which develops and oversees a variety of commingled funds offered to a diverse set of Wellington's clients from over 50 countries worldwide. JOB DESCRIPTION
This is a senior role within the team with a primary focus on overseeing and leading efforts around the general 'product management agenda' for our multiple fund families. In addition, the individual may support the head of the team and other members of the Product team in the development of funds and related activity. The candidate will need good technical knowledge from both an investment and regulatory perspective (ideally both UCITS and non-UCITS/AIF).
Management of reports may be expected over time. Specific responsibilities include: General Product (Fund) Management
Regulatory Change (with a focus on SFDR and Taxonomy):
- Act as a thought partner for internal stakeholders regarding potential changes to existing funds. Changes may include but not limited to:
- Analysis, discussion and implementation of internally generated items such as investment policy changes, fee changes, guideline and dealing term changes, new share class features; or externally sourced issues, such as client requests and regulatory driven changes.
- Aid in drafting amendments to the offering documentation in relation to the above and navigate approval through relevant governance forums.
- Assist in the maintenance of the ongoing marketing oversight programme, monitoring the integrity of fund materials in relation to changes made to the prospectus, becoming a point of contact for related marketing data questions for WMF Global:
- Work closely with Marketing Compliance, Product Marketing and the IPFS investment teams to ensure that Fund marketing materials (presentations, factsheets and web content) are accurate and reflect both the spirit and the letter of the Prospectus.
- Act as the point person for the product team regarding upcoming regulations that impact regulated Funds:
- Maintaining a working knowledge of upcoming relevant regulations and working with the broader team to help to assess the implications of existing or upcoming regulation for the WMF Global Funds, and at times leading partnership with the wider business to socalise and implement any changes as relevant.
- A particular focus on SFDR and Taxonomy is expected as these regulations continue to evolve, and this role will be pivotal in helping the Funds business partner with the investors and continue to articulate a credible, best in class offering in this space, including helping map out suitable policies and procedures and providing oversight as new data sources become available.
- Maintain a good understanding of SFDR, including Fund specific E/S characteristics and the distinctions made between Article 6, 8, and 9 Funds for the purposes of assessing proposals made by the Investment Teams for industry best practice, suitability within regulatory constraints, and appropriateness of marketing content.
- Ensuring Prospectus amendments and other disclosure requirements are reflected across related supporting documentation (E.g., Exclusion Lists, SFDR website disclosure, upcoming Level 2 templates).
- Work with the Client Services Teams to build out any reporting required on E/S characteristics for Funds.
- Lead the oversight and management efforts of certain components of the funds infrastructure, including guideline reviews, annual investment policy reviews, seed capital allocations, fund manager changes and committee meeting preparation.
- Together with the team provide general fund expertise and act as subject matter expert to internal stakeholders for client-specific queries that cannot be fielded by client or fund service teams, including any fund changes, instrument eligibility, fund characteristics, end investor suitability and regulations.
- Oversee the monitoring and maintenance of data on funds such as target markets, capacity and closet trackers. Present updates to the Management Committees and Boards as required.
- Help maintain policies for the Management Committee and Board purposes (e.g., Privates, Exclusions, EU Benchmark Regulation, Shareholder Engagement).
- Ensure regular reporting to the Regulator (AIF reporting, Annual Fund Profile reviews. SRD II etc) is accurate and timely.
- Lead or assist with ad hoc projects related to transformational changes to the WMF Global business
We seek individuals who can demonstrate:
- 7+ years working with cross-border fund solutions
- Very familiar with fund regulations and change (encompassing both UCITS and AIFs ideally)
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Previous experience and/or an ability to manage people
- Collaborative and flexible mindset and good inter-personal skills, able to navigate cross-functional projects and establish healthy working relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to simplify the complex
- Grace under pressure, an ethos for hard work, organization and responsiveness
- Willingness to take initiative', demonstrate accountability and ownership but also having good judgement about when to seek the wider audience first
- Exceptional attention to detail, responsiveness and follow-through
- Positive, collegial attitude, sense of humor and enthusiasm
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with IT systems beneficial
- Naturally curious
- Master prioritiser, all about the 80:20
Fund Product Manager LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .