Fund Product Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
The Investment Product and Fund Strategies (IPFS) group is responsible for product management, spanning the full range of Wellington's product offerings, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives strategies, globally. Within IPFS sits the Wellington Management Fund's Global fund businesses ("WMF Global"), and as of 30 June 2021, WMF Global comprised of around 90 funds domiciled in Ireland (UCITS), Luxembourg (UCITS and AIFs), as well as in Cayman, Canada, Australia and Singapore with assets of circa US$60 billion.
This role sits within the IPFS - WMF Global Product Development team, and the Fund Product Analyst role presents an exciting opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing group, which develops and oversees a variety of commingled funds offered to a diverse set of Wellington's clients from over 40 countries worldwide. JOB DESCRIPTION
This role will work closely with the Fund Product Manager and others in the team, with a primary focus on existing funds in the range and the general 'product management agenda' for our multiple fund families. The candidate will need good technical knowledge from both an investment and regulatory perspective. Specific responsibilities include: General Product (Fund) Management
- Review and implement changes to existing funds. Changes may include but not limited to:
- Analysis, discussion and implementation of internally generated items such as investment policy changes, fee changes, guideline and dealing term changes, new share class features; or externally sourced issues, such as client requests and regulatory driven changes, including any changes driven by SFDR to the Environmental /Sustainable ("E/S") characteristics of Funds.
- Draft required amendments to the prospectus/offering documentation in relation to the above and help navigate through relevant governance forums for approval.
- Aid in ensuring these Prospectus amendments are reflected consistently across related supporting documentation (E.g. Exclusion Lists, SFDR website disclosure).
- Support the Fund Product Manager by maintaining an active interest and a working knowledge of upcoming regulations that impact regulated Funds:
- Assess implications of existing or upcoming regulation for the WMF Global Funds, working with others in the team and wider business to implement any changes as relevant.
- A particular focus on SFDR is expected as this regulation evolves, and new data sources become available.
- Assist in the maintenance of the ongoing marketing oversight programme, monitoring the integrity and accuracy of fund materials for WMF Global:
- Working with Marketing Compliance, Product Marketing and the IPFS investment teams to ensure that Fund marketing (presentations, factsheets and web content) is accurate and reflects both the spirit and the letter of the Prospectus.
- Maintaining a good understanding of SFDR, including Fund E/S characteristics and the distinctions made between Article 6, 8, and 9 Funds for marketing content purposes.
- Working with the Client Services Team to build out reporting on E/S characteristics for Funds.
- Support the oversight and management of certain components of the funds infrastructure, including guideline reviews, annual investment policy reviews, seed capital allocations, fund manager changes and committee meeting preparation.
- Aid in monitoring and maintaining data on existing funds such as target markets, concentration of underlying investor groups, capacity constraints and closet trackers. Provide updates to the Management Committees and Boards as required.
- Build relevant fund range expertise, become a subject matter expert to aid internal stakeholders answer client-specific queries related to fund changes, fund characteristics, end investor suitability and regulations, particularly in relation to SFDR.
- Act as a key contact person for changes to the Funds database (Fund Data Manager), helping the Product Development team to automate wherever possible.
- Support the team through the navigation of internal applications, by extracting, manipulating and presenting data relevant to Product Development and Management projects.
- Help maintain policies for the Management Committee and Board purposes (e.g. treatment of IPOs, Privates, Exclusions, Proxy Voting, EU Benchmark Regulation, Shareholder Engagement).
- Aid in compiling regular reporting to the Regulator (AIF reporting, Annual Fund Profile reviews. SRD II etc)
- Act as a contact for fund questions in relation to Request for Proposals (RFPs)
We seek individuals who can demonstrate:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- 3+ years working with cross-border fund solutions
- Familiarity with fund regulations and change
- Strong analytical and IT skills
- Collaborative and flexible mindset to navigate cross-functional projects
- Good inter-personal skills and able to establish healthy working relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to simplify the complex
- Willingness to take initiative', but also having good judgement about when to seek input first
- Exceptional attention to detail, responsiveness and follow-through
- Positive collegial attitude, an ethos for hard work, sense of humor and enthusiasm
- Naturally curious
Fund Product Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .