This role will be to assist with the tax compliance and tax affairs of a range of UK, Irish and Luxembourg funds.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a robust process of tax operational protocols and a tax diary mapping out the key delivery and compliance deadline dates.
- Helping to mitigate withholding tax on portfolio investments, including obtaining relief at source and preparing reclaims, as well as monitoring withholding tax suffered.
- Co-ordinating the outsourced investor tax reporting, direct tax and VAT filings.
- AEOI compliance (CRS / FATCA).
- Keeping up to date with relevant changes in tax law and practice.
- Assisting in the response to periodic investor questions and a variety of internal fund related tax questions.
- Assist with tax related side letter requests and attestations.
- Build strong working relationships and maintain responsive and open channels of communication with all stakeholders with whom they are working.
- Bachelor’s degree
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CTA or equivalent
- An understanding and experience of funds and fund taxation.
- Ability to identify issues and resolve or escalate appropriately.
- Ability to learn and understand concepts quickly.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated.
- Methodical and organized individual with strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively organise and prioritize work in a deadline driven environment including the ability to forward plan.
- Constructive approach to problem solving with an ability to find practical solutions to issues identified.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships with a diverse range of people across the business to enable collegiate and effective interaction with other departments as well as with the Tax team.
- Good computer and Excel skills.
- Proactive and practical with an ability to document existing processes as well as identify and implement improvements in relation to controls and processes.