- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 18 Jan 18
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Base plus benefits and bonus
- Full time
Fund Managers Assistant
Overview of role A Fund Manager’s Assistant is required to join the Global EAFE FMA team, working within a team of 4 FMA’s reporting into the Team Leader. The purpose of this role is to provide operational and administrative assistance to the Fund Managers (FM’s).Overview of role
A Fund Manager’s Assistant is required to join the Global EAFE FMA team, working within a team of 4 FMA’s reporting into the Team Leader. The purpose of this role is to provide operational and administrative assistance to the Fund Managers (FM’s).
The successful applicant will:
- Work closely with the FM’s to calculate and implement trades sizes across the desk Portfolios.
- Be responsible for restriction monitoring ensuring all trades conform with client mandates and in-house rules.
- Monitor execution and settlement of trades, providing updates to the FM’s on execution.
- Ensure all trades are correctly reported in our Accounting and Analytic Systems.
- Monitor the impact of, and manage, cashflows, asset allocations and fund transitions.
- Maintain all trade records and back up documentation.
- Manage and update of Portfolio models.
- Provide daily reporting sheets on performance, cash balances and positions for all funds for internal review by FMs highlighting potential accounting issues.
- Maintain and monitor daily cash balances and margin movements.
- Resolve pricing and accounting issues.
- Monitor portfolios for corporate actions, fund distributions and asset expiry.
- Produce information for regular and ad-hoc reports.
- Liaise with a number of in-house departments and third parties with respect to monitoring trades and general maintenance of client portfolios. Responsibilities will include liaising internally with Investment Managers, Portfolio Accounting, Trade Operations, Legal and Corporate Action teams. Externally with Custodians, Transfer Agents, Fund Houses and Consultants.
- The successful applicant will require good technical and mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and strong Excel skills are required.
- Knowledge of Factset and Bloomberg are required.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment and have good judgement skills.
- A good team player.
- The candidate will need to be educated to degree level or equivalent
- First class communications skills and a methodical approach is essential.
- The applicant must possess good interpersonal and written skills and have the ability to explain relatively involved concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Previous experience in a similar environment is essential.