Fund Management Manager, Infrastructure & Real Assets
You will work within the Fund Management team as a Manager, where you will be a key member of a global infrastructure platform. The role will provide you with an opportunity to lead end to end processes in running large infrastructure and renewables funds including fund operations, executing transactions, cash management, financial and tax reporting, investor relations and compliance. You will work closely with asset managers, transaction teams, tax, legal, and asset finance teams as well as fund investors both within Europe as well as internationally.
You will be involved in sizable business transactions, including distributions to investors, asset realisations and asset acquisitions as well as being the primary point of contact for relationships internally and with external fund administrators and advisors. In addition to this, the role will see you responsible for identifying and driving process improvement and efficiencies.
As a qualified chartered accountant, with post qualification experience preferably in the financial services industry, you will have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to understand complex structures and transactions. You will be energetic and ambitious with excellent communication skills and the ability to drive change and influence stakeholders on different levels. You will be able to work well under pressure, are organised and diligent and able to lead multiple deadlines while demonstrating a willingness to guide junior team members. You will demonstrate sound business judgement and possess strong interpersonal skills which will give you the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels.
Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets is the world's largest infrastructure asset manager, specialising in infrastructure and other real asset classes via public and private funds, co-investments, partnerships and separately managed accounts. Its client base is primarily institutional investors, including global pension and superannuation funds, other institutions and governments. The division is recognised for its expertise over the investment lifecycle, with strong capabilities in investment sourcing, investment management and investor relationships.
The role of the Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets Fund Management team is to:
- lead from a Fund Management perspective the transaction advisory and execution work-streams through the acquisition, ownership, and divestment lifecycles
- execute treasury management, budgeting and forecasting for the funds including optimising the FX and hedging requirements of the Fund and managing investor drawdown and distributions
- provide accounting consultation and advice to the business teams and asset finance teams
- be the key point of contact for external service providers and asset finance teams, including reviewing financial statements, tax calculations, fee calculations and reconciliations
- present at Fund and subsidiary Board Meetings, involving the presentation of board papers to entity boards as required and providing board members with information and analysis to make decisions related to the financial management of these entities
- coordinate the preparation of financial statements and other reporting obligations for our Funds and their subsidiaries, including, where required, liaise with asset finance teams, other internal MIRA specialist teams, external service providers, auditors and other commercial counterparties
- oversee the co-ordination of ad hoc reporting or responses to individual questions or due diligence requests from Investors
For more information please see: www.mirafunds.com Macquarie Asset Management
Macquarie Asset Management is a full-service asset manager, providing investment solutions to clients across a range of capabilities and products including infrastructure and renewables, real estate, agriculture, transportation finance, private credit, equities, fixed income and multi-asset solutions. As at 30 September 2020, Macquarie Asset Management had $A554.9 billion of assets under management. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, visit: www.macquarie.com/careers