Fund Accounts - Operations Analyst
A boutique investment manager are looking for a Fund Accountant to join the team in investment operations. The ideal candidate would be an enthusiastic individual who enjoys working autonomously and can demonstrate a high level of attention to detail in their approach to work.
- The firm is small and personality fit will be of great importance. This role will involve working in a combined "back of house" team of 6 people who are responsible for fund accounting, compliance, risk management, marketing and investor relations.
- The core aspects of this role will focus on fund accounting, operations and investor relations. The small nature of the company means that the role is broad and offers the chance to understand the business from end to end, dealing with investors, custodians and internal stakeholders.
- The work is a mix of systematic daily process, month-end reconciliations and longer-term projects. As the team is small, it affords the opportunity to perform a wide range of functions in the management of the funds and to take on responsibility at an early stage if proven.
- Excellent bonus potential , pension , BUPA and free breakfast/lunch
Core Fund Administration:
- Full shadow NAV calculation daily across multiple funds (OEIC's, Investment Trusts and Managed accounts).
- Calculate expense accruals including management fees and performance fees, on a daily basis
- Manage the monthly capital transactions process with the Transfer Agency teams
- Reconcile class level P&L allocations on multi-class funds
- Reporting fund level information to senior management on a daily basis.
- Dealing with administrators, custodians, execution brokers, auditors and other third- party providers
- Cash and position reconciliations to third parties
- Income and expense processing and reconciliation
- Processing dividend accruals on ex-date
- Trade matching and settlement. This involves working with brokers and custodians to ensure trades settle in a timely manner
- Corporate actions
- Analyse daily fund returns and investigating discrepancies where necessary.
- Complete daily and monthly checklists
- Assisting with regulatory reporting, when required
- Monthly net asset value reconciliations to administrators
- Monthly client reporting
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly fee invoices
- Year end fund audits - working with auditors and administrators to prepare fund yearend financial statements
- Managing projects as and when required
- Onboarding and implementation of new funds Shareholder Voting
- Daily monitoring of all shareholding positions
- Threshold reporting to regulators and to the investment team. Initial identification of any breaches Investor relations
- Support and servicing of existing investors, monitoring and responding promptly to questions and requests
- Preparation of marketing materials such as factsheets, RFPs, fund overviews, presentations and other collateral
- Assist in client onboarding process and ongoing monitoring of AML requirements for existing and new investors
- Assist with various annual and semi-annual projects (FATCA/CRS/ annual meeting planning)
- Update CRM and extraction of CRM reports
- Website updates
- +2 years' fund accounting and operations experience
- Educated to a degree level in a finance related subject
- Understanding of nav. production and operations
- Intermediate level Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint skills
The role will require:
- High quality and accuracy in fund operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - ability to engage with investors comfortably and confidently