Immediate opportunity to join a dynamic team within a prestigious Fund Admin firm based in the City. NAV experience ideal.
We are seeking a new fund accountant to help existing clients who require client support in areas of fund accounting, administration and regulatory reporting.
An experienced and hands on Fund Accountant/Administrator, having 2 to 4 years of experience in a fund administration or alternative investments business environment to be based in London. The individual will have a strong understanding of closed ended and open ended fund structures (i.e.: private equity, real estate or debt) with knowledge of onshore and offshore fund structures a distinct advantage.
The role available is for a Fund Accountant/Administrator and you would be responsible for a growing portfolio of alternative investment funds, acting as the contact point for clients with regards to fund accounting and administration.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly fund NAVs
- Reporting and transaction responsibility for fund vehicles and other investment vehicles
- Assist in onboarding of new clients,
- Set up new bank accounts.
- Quarterly fund reporting to investors
- Assist with ad hoc management reporting
- Assist with the preparation and review of cashflow and production of forecasts
- Contribute towards FCA reporting and compliance with all financial regulations
- Prepare drawdown and distribution.
- Prepare equalisation calculations
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT reporting for the various companies
- Produce monthly management accounts including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cashflows, variance analysis and commentaries
- Prepare interim accounting report and year-end report and accounts for audit
Experience and Skillset
- Direct experience of client service in a professional services firm
- Reasonable knowledge of UK, Luxembourg GAAP and IFRS
- Good understanding of the legal and regulatory regimes applicable to UK and Luxembourg funds and SPVs
- Hands-on style, independent, problem-solving approach
- Understand fund structure.
- Proactive, ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented aptitude; a high degree of accuracy is required
- Ability to manage time effectively, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Approach issues with a "can do attitude", driving tasks forward to a successful conclusion
- Excellent organisational skills and interpersonal skills for a high degree of client interaction
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small but rapidly expanding company environment with focused and motivated individuals
- Intermediate level in Excel
- Strong numerical skills
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting discipline
- ACA, ACCA, ACMA or equivalent