A credit hedge fund with north of $5bn in AUM is looking to hire a Fund Accountant to join their London office. This person will work alongside a talented group of people across a range of complex investment portfolios. They can even consider an immediate start on a contract basis for the right candidate.
Their ideal candidate will be a dynamic, self-motivated and a qualified accountant with 2 to 5 years post qualified experience. Buy side experience across illiquid assets is seen as a big plus.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Production of monthly NAV estimates of the various funds
- Substantiate and meet margin calls across funds
- Monitor risk parameters and positions
- Prepare weekly P/L reports and settlement update to the investment team
- Recalculation of management fee and performance fee calculations
- Work with the outsourced Administrator in finalising the monthly fund NAV’s, and verifying to in house estimates
- Assist with the development of the shadow NAV functionality in the PM system
- Liaising with external auditors and administrators for the preparation and sign off of audited financial statements
- Development and documentation of operational processes and controls
- Critical review of new deal structures to assess the accounting and reporting implications
- Review of relevant valuation models, and assisting in the governance of the valuation process
- Assisting administrator with preparation and filing of various regulatory and investor related filings
The type of person:
- Must be a part/fully qualified accountant – ACA, CIMA or ACCA
- Some accounting and operations experience of debt instruments, bank debt, loans etc. is a major plus. Perhaps prior experience in product control could be considered.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, focus, determination and the willingness to work hard.