Fund Accountant Multiple positions
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- LH Partners
- 06 Dec 17 2017-12-06
We are currently working on a number of mandates for experienced qualified Fund Accountants for a well know Bank based in London. You will have a background in Fund Accounting with exposure to either or Private Equity & Real Estate Funds.
Candidates would be offered plenty of opportunities for career progression and an excellent internal job posting system for domestic and international opportunities, as the Bank are a large company that promotes further upward mobility.
As candidates move up in seniority above the Senior Associate position into the Fund Accounting Manager level role, they would start taking on more analytical and review responsibilities, stepping away from a production role and developing additional team-leading responsibilities. The environment that the COO and the VP has created is meritocratic and supportive.
1. Qualified candidate with Private Equity fund accounting experience
2. Ability to start mentoring and leading team members. Previous (light) management experience is ideal
3. Excellent communication skills with the ability
The role would involve the following:
• Get involved in building relationships with key clients within the private equity investment space
• Review of work/financials, financial analysis, take ownership of bookkeeping/accounting/reporting
• Mentoring juniors
• Ad hoc Project work
1. Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with real estate fund accounting experience
2. Managerial/team-leading experience (role will have a team of 5 with 2 direct reports)
3. Client-facing/servicing experience (ideal but will also take an experienced profile from industry who wants to move into the fund administration space)
The COO is a longstanding contact of mine and is someone with a solid reputation in the market. He would be a solid mentor and someone who prides himself on developing people's careers. At this level and due to the structure of the finance function (shared services model), the role would involve the following:
• Manage the relationship with key clients within the real estate investment space
• Review of work/financials, financial analysis rather than production of work
• Manage key internal stakeholders and get involved in overall strategy of the department/business
• Ad hoc Project work & taking an active involvement in Performance Planning and Review