Our client is a market-leading Private Equity fund who are currently experiencing remarkable growth and as such seeking a driven and ambitious newly qualified accountant to join their fund finance function. A genuine opportunity to join a fantastic brand and enjoying a first-step into the world of Private Equity with a firm renowned for developing and retaining their staff.
Our client is a leading global private equity firm with a combined AUM of over £40Bn. The Funds invest in companies across a range of global sectors including TMT, Business Services and Consumer. These funds provide long-term equity financing to build and strengthen world-class companies.
Role Opportunity & Responsibilities:
- Accounting for daily bank transactions across multiple partnership bank accounts in EUR and USD, using Investran. Reconciliation of all bank accounts on a weekly basis.
- Posting of ledger entries on a daily basis, using Investran accounting system
- Preparation of listed equity valuations and calculation of accrued interest on debt valuations monthly
- Production of annual budget and quarterly management accounts
- Preparation of investor reports and checking outputs
- Preparation of weekly cash flow forecasts
- Preparation of regular stock reconciliations
- Production of annual financial statements under IFRS for review by Fund Controller.
- Liaising and helping auditors with requests as part of interim reviews and year end audits
- Collecting and collating quarterly portfolio company Fair Valuation data and securing backup from deal teams
- Assisting in the production of ad hoc reports
- Prepare and send replies to investor queries
- To be an accurate, numerate and intelligent newly qualified accountant/QBE accountant.
- Exposure to listed company accounting and reporting advantageous
- Ability to assess complex financial transactions to derive the journal entries required and notes for senior manager review on all outputs is essential
- Preparation of financial statements from journal entry through to full financials including notes for manager review is essential
- A disciplined approach to work including ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Good communication skills
- To have a positive approach to problem solving and a desire to work as part of an entrepreneurial team.
- Ability to manage priorities and proactively take on new tasks
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Large scale online Banking systems e.g. RBSI eQ
- Investran or other sophisticated accounting system.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems technology essential given the high volume of systems and variety of platforms utilised