- GBP75000 - GBP100000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters UK
- 13 Mar 18 2018-03-13
A world class investment manager is looking for an experienced fund accountant to join it's team to cover a maternity leave for 12 months.
The Fund Accounting team of this investment manager requires a qualified accountant to join the team on a Fixed Term basis to cover a period of maternity leave. This role will have responsibility for the financial statements and the review and coordination of the funds audits. The candidate will work closely with the fund administrators who produce the accounts, along with external auditors and internal departments to ensure their accuracy and to represent the statements to the Fund Directors. The primary accounting standard across the funds is US GAAP however IFRS, and other GAAP standards, are also used.
- Oversee the production of the financial statements by the administrators, including managing and setting deadlines
- Review accounts for accuracy and coordinate with the administrator and the auditors on production and amendments
- Liaise with internal departments such as Product Control, Risk and Compliance in the provision of information for account disclosure
- Complete regulatory reporting submissions as necessary and keep abreast of requirements
- Support the production and analysis of daily, weekly and monthly NAVs for a wide variety of funds covering a number of different entity and fee structures as well as asset classes (ABS, corporate and government bonds, convertible bonds, options, interest rate swaps, variance swaps, bespoke credit derivatives and FTDs)
- Gain an in depth understanding of the fund Balance Sheet and reconciliation processes in particular the Share Capital, Expense accounts, Trading portfolio and cash required
- Respond to ad-hoc NAV and Balance Sheet queries as well as internal and external reporting
- The following skills and experience are considered essential for this role:
- Qualified accountant, ideally having trained at an audit practice
- Experience within a finance institution preparing financial statements and/or financial reports
- Demonstrable organisational skills, including previous experience of managing numerous distinct tasks and dealing with multiple priorities
- Strong time management skills to ensure all contributors to the financials will meet pre-determined deadlines
- Possess confident communication skills to effectively deal with internal and external parties. Experience of communication with Directors of the Fund boards is desirable.
- A meticulous approach to reviewing and identifying issues with financial statements and preparation of regulatory reports
If you feel this is the right role for you please do apply or call Daniel Connors on 02075098271 for more details