Octopus Healthcare is a leading healthcare property investor / developer in the UK. With a twelve year track record, approximately £1.2bn (gross) of assets under management and a team of approximately 50, we are active across multiple UK healthcare property sectors with a particular focus on GP surgeries, elderly care homes and retirement living.
The Fund Accountant will report directly to the Senior Finance Manager and will work alongside another accountant. The Fund Accountant will be an experienced self-starter, comfortable with working individually on projects and also demonstrating strong project management skills to influence and direct a wide range of advisers.
The right candidate will have strong technical skills and proven experience managing a number of transactions and projects. The Fund Accountant will have had exposure to real estate investment and will be familiar with the financial reporting, tax and the associated regulatory environment affecting the sector. Below is a list of specific requirements of the role.
• Leading projects such as tax structuring, and partnering the investment team on acquisitions, owning the financial deliverables
• Drive and own quarterly group consolidated reporting, including trial balance analysis and balance sheet and intercompany reconciliations
• Preparation of finance submission for quarterly reporting pack including KPIs and metrics
• Leading / supporting annual audit / statutory accounts process where appropriate
• Negotiating fees, scopes and input from third party advisers
• Responsibility for quality and process control and adherence to Fund documentation and restrictions
• Managing tax issues and compliance associated with fund structures
• Review and preparation of covenant compliance and reporting
• Keeping abreast of evolving Financial Reporting, Tax, Regulatory and market developments
• Supporting strategic initiatives and other ad-hoc analysis, as required
ACA, CIMA, ACCA or similar qualified accountant with at least two years post-qualification experience in fund accounting
• Strong sector credentials
• Proven track record of delivering projects
• Confidence to present, influence others and lead
• Ability to negotiate and deliver commercial solutions
• Focus on both the big picture and detail when required
• Good organisational skills with an ability to multi-task
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place so, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.