Full Stack Developer - C# ReactJS
Analyst Developer Who we're looking for
You will be a Full Stack Developer, and will be responsible for building scalable enterprise solutions for the Portfolio Solutions platform, with a longer term aim of cross training our existing developers.
You will be joining a recently formed highly skilled agile development team in London, responsible for the design and build out of a new globally distributed platform in a modern technology stack (Docker, Service Fabric, .NET Core, React/Redux) for Schroders Portfolio Solutions business. Development will follow a DevOps spirit and Scrum methodology. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role. The team
Investment Technology at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that's managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we've grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
The Investment Engineering technology function supports a number of front office businesses in building out and maintaining a stable operating environment that can function at multiple speeds. Our primary goal is to deliver value to our customers.
The teams within Investment Engineering operate under a bespoke agile operating model (based on the SAFe methodology) facing off to defined capabilities within our business. What you'll do
• Responsible for leading development and build tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Product Owner
• Responsible for contributing to the analysis and testing of working software required by the Product Owner
• Accountable for ensuring user stories are delivered to the 'working system' definition of done within agreed sprint
• Accountable for ensuring committed objectives are met
• Contributing to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks etc.
• Working with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
• Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies
• Ensuring continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
• Supporting other team members to improve their software development skills The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Strong C# skills with .Net Core experience
• Strong SQL
• Experience of GIT or source control
• Experience with RESTful web services and messaging systems
• Experience of React
• Experience in Cloud based tools, ideally Azure or AWS
• Knowledge in containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes) and/or microservice design
• Experience of WCF, WebAPI and other service side technologies
• Familiarity with Entity Framework and IoC containers
• Knowledge in unit testing framework (NUnit, Jest, Enzyme, Jasmine, Karma) and mocking frameworks.
• Experience with automated build and deployment tools (VSTS, Octopus Deploy or other)
• Hands-on experience with agile methodologies (Scrum/Kanban/XP etc) and are passionate about the development of robust and scalable solutions using agile tools and techniques, such as test-driven development (TDD/ATDD/BDD) The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Knowledge of messaging systems like Kafka, RabbitMQ
• Knowledge of NoSQL data stores like Cassandra, Redis, couchDB What you'll be like
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
• Friendly, approachable, and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
• Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age. Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CVs and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CVs sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CVs directly.