Frontend Software Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- iwoca Ltd
- 25 Apr 19
Frontend Software Engineer
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe's 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £400 million to over 20,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we're still near the start of our journey - our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
About the role:
At iwoca we are dedicated to building the smartest lending platform in the world as we believe that finance should be as simple, seamless and powerful as electricity. We like to work to an Agile-ish processes, which means features or projects go live in days or weeks rather than months or years.
We are very fortunate to have a passionate and dedicated CTO / Co-founder who ensures that Tech is always at the forefront of the business so the work you do is always valued. We use AngularJS for our internal application & React+Redux for our public facing projects, with focus on adhering to ES6 standards. We are practical developers who like to use the best tools for the job rather than the newest, shiniest tools as we believe that performance and code quality are key.
Right now we are developing new features on our in-house Angular application which servers our 100+ operations team. You would be joining a flexible team open to making changes to our current tech stack, so you will have plenty of opportunity to have an input on the direction of the business/product. We believe in investing in research to find the best possible outcome.
We are looking for someone with:
- A good understanding of testing from e2e to unit testing (we use Jasmine, Mocha, Nightwatch, Enzyme etc.)
- Experience in automating tasks, we use Grunt and Gulp
- Experience with CSS3 (including post/pre-processors) and HTML5
- Experience with version control systems, ideally Git
You will always have a say in the business and have the opportunity to really make a difference. Joining our team means you will be working on some cool projects and get the opportunity to really make a difference to people's lives. We also help all our employees become top performers and reward everyone in numerous different ways. Everyone at iwoca is smart, humble and motivated to do a good job so you are bound to love working here.
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- A really lovely office in central London - we're right by Tottenham Court Road, and close to the bars, theatres and restaurants in Soho and Fitzrovia
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments, morning yoga and an ever-growing number of active clubs (you can set up your own!) - such as climbing, chess, cycling, football, running, boxing, etc
- Regular novelty perks such as free massages, which can be proposed by anyone in the team
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- Cycle-to-work scheme for great value bikes
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Stock options for all employees after 6 months within the business
- 25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance
- Tickets to exciting tech conferences across Europe
- A calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Flexible working, including flexible hours and working from home days - all made easy with video conferencing and slack
If you have any queries or want an informal chat to talk about this opportunity further please apply or e-mail [email protected] , please quote Job Reference Number FED006