A newly created Trading focussed position has opened up at a multi-billion $ Quant Hedge Fund. The remit of this role will involve managing cross currency cash balances and analysing all aspects of broker financing costs and commissions. High level Trade Execution will also be required; primarily within Fixed Income/FX. This role is open to bright candidates with a Middle Office background and knowledge of collateral, commissions and trading support.
Whilst the Investment Manager’s main office is in London, this role will be based in their offshore office where all their Trading is carried out. This role is based in the Channel Islands. Relocation would be required and a generous package is provided, covering all living costs for the successful applicant. The excellent work-life balance is also something that should be factored in - standard working hours for this role will be 8am to 5pm.
If you are someone looking for a new challenge, perhaps a career move into the front office, a better work-life balance, or want to move to the buy-side, then this would be an opportunity worth exploring.
- FX and Fixed Income trade execution in relation to utilising existing cash balances
- Cash Management: Monitoring all cash balances across a wide range of currencies
- Counterparty appraisal / Broker cost analysis / Performance management:
- Analysing all aspects of broker costs including financing, commissions, borrows, rebates etc.
- Ensuring optimal broker flow allocation and suggest new flow considerations to management
- Monitoring trends in broker balances, market share and overall market structure
- Suggest improvements to existing analytical reports and help with the creation of new ones
- Creating / updating exchange models but also keeping track of the various exchange memberships / incentive schemes in place or on offer
- A few years of relevant transferable experience. Possibly from working within a Prime Brokerage, Investment Bank or Hedge Fund.
- Possess a good understanding of trading exchanges and trading costs