Front Office Support Analyst - ION Platform - Associate
Mitsubishi UFJ Securities International (MUSI) is the European hub of MUFG’s securities business. Headquartered in London we have just over 600 employees and are active throughout the international capital markets, focusing on debt, equity, derivatives and structured products. It is this vision and our corporate values that reflect who we are and guide how we behave. We therefore strive to recruit individuals who share our vision and values, and who have the motivation and commitment to help us move our business forward.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG has a global network with 1,100 offices in over 40 countries. The Group has over 140,000 employees, offering services including corporate banking, commercial banking, retail banking, wealth management, investment banking, capital markets, personal and corporate trust, and transaction banking.
The Group’s operating companies include Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation (Japan’s leading trust bank), and Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings Co., Ltd., one of Japan’s largest securities firms.
MUFG conducts securities business internationally through its overseas subsidiaries MUFG Securities EMEA plc, MUFG Securities Americas Inc., MUFG Securities Asia Limited. and MUFG Securities Asia (Singapore) Limited. With each member of the group working in partnership with one another, MUFG provides best in class service and products to corporate and institutional clients.
MUFG Securities EMEA plc is the European hub of MUFG’s securities business. Headquartered in London we have just over 600 employees and are active throughout the international capital markets, focusing on debt, equity, derivatives and structured products. Due to the diverse nature of our business we require a clear unifying vision for all of our people. It is this vision and our corporate values that reflect who we are and guide how we behave. We therefore strive to recruit individuals who share our vision and values, and who have the motivation and commitment to help us move our business forward.
The Front Office Solutions department (FOS) supports the trading, sales and risk departments across all asset classes in London, New York, Hong Kong, and Singapore.
FOS-DTP (Direct Trading Platforms) is a team charged with the support and development of trade execution platforms across all asset classes and support almost all of the firm’s trading desks. The team are physically located in the centre of the tradefloor.
FOS- DTP is looking for a dynamic, adaptable, high performing individual for a crucial Front Office facing BAU role which is high profile and has a broad range of responsibility across numerous markets, venues, ecommerce systems and desks both within Europe and internationally.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- Functional support is responsible for the delivery and support of IT services
- To provide first and second line support for trading platforms to various trading Desks
- Work in our technical team upgrading Ion components, maintaining the ION MMI’s and releasing new Ion Features
- Investigating & resolving incident
- Provide “hands-on” support of the platforms
- Maintain the Ion platform
- L1, L2 and L3 support – from dealing with trader queries through to debugging code
- Maintenance / keeping the systems up to date.
- BAU initiatives and projects
- Representing the support function in projects
- Proactively monitor application integrity and performance, including morning health-check and post-deployment monitoring
Skills and Experience:
- Experience providing technical support for Fixed Income Desks within an Investment Bank
- Exposure to the practical support of a wide range of trading platforms such as Ion, Bloomberg TOMS, Markitwire, BrokerTec, TradeWeb, eSpeed, CME etc.
- Java//ION MMI,Ion Sys admin experience
- Ability to accurately document and share information with global peer group
- Derivatives product experience
- FIX Protocol/Understanding of FIX messages
- ION Trading Platform –MMI,Sysadmin,D2D/D2C components
- STP solutions
- Technical and analytical skills
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent experience)
- Thorough understanding in end to end trade flow, pricing and trade booking
- Knowledge of Linux environment in performance and maintenance
- Understanding of network infrastructures - TCP/IP and LAN technologies
- Ability to understand business problems and solve with technical solutions
- Competent in at least one - Shell Scripting / Python / Perl / Java (desired)
- Bloomberg Toms and Markitwire knowledge (desired)
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A pro-active, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills