Front Office Quant Analyst – Fixed Income Sales & Trading (1–3 years experience)
- £50,000 to £70,000 + Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Maxfield Search
- 13 Apr 18 2018-04-13
My client, a leading Banking Group, has an excellent London based opportunity for an Analyst / Associate level Quantitative Analyst role in their highly regarded Global Markets team. You will enjoy a range of quantitative responsibilities primarily based around supporting the Fixed Income Trading desk. To apply you will need to demonstrate at least 12 months prior experience working in a quantitative position in a major Financial Services organisation. Holding a PhD is NOT essential for this position.
- Assistance in the development, evolution and implementation of trading strategies - including risk and pricing analytics.
- Development and optimization of algorithms.
- Development and improvement of the Interest Rates Curves analytics.
- Refinement to existing platforms and quantitative tools to meet highest quality standards.
- Development and improvement of the testing process in the quantitative libraries and tools.
- Other ad hoc projects based around validating & approving pricing models, Risk Modelling and Derivatives Pricing.
- MSc (minimum) in a technical degree eg Mathematics, Physics, Computer Sciences, Engineering.
- Strong programming skills at least in one language - ideally preferable C++ and/or Python
- Advanced Excel / VBA skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work in a team environment are critical.
- Creative thinker and an excellent at solving problems.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and with limited information and capable of making strong, quick decisions – when required to do so
- Determined attitude combined with enthusiastic approach and positive drive as a worker.
- Good communication skills and the ability to translate complex real-world requirements into quantitative terms, analytic models and quantitative solutions