Front Office Python Developer
- Up to £120,000 base with bonus.
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Radley James
- 17 Jan 19
Are you a talented Tech professional who thrives in a high-energy environment? Want to be part of a dynamic, growing team in London? We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic Python Developer who has experience with FX (or other FICC) derivatives and electronic trading platforms.
This Tier 1 Investement Banks FX Options business and enterprise have a number of initiatives that we need to grow our analytical and technical skill-set to deliver on, in order to help drive excellent revenue growth in this market sector. You will be delivering software for the purpose of electronic pricing, execution, market making and statistical analysis for the FX Options business.
What will your responsibilities include?
- This is a front-office facing position primarily focused on an existing and expanding trading system dealing with several businesses and also expanding into new asset classes within FICC
- The system is primarily built in Python and C# .Net, interfacing a variety of internal systems via api’s
- You will be involved in pricing model upgrades, algorithmic trading logic changes and market data feeds. All of this is delivered with a mindset of low latency and scalability, with testing fully automated where possible via Business Driven Development (BDD)
- The team works with the Scrum agile framework and process
What skills/competencies will you possess?
- Degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or similarly appropriate discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Derivatives business experience, ideally within FX Options but other asset classes considered
- Front office development experience, either at a buy or sell side firm, preferably with an exposure to both within an ecommerce environment
- Technical skills you should have: Python, OO design skills, server side experience
- Technical skills the ideal candidate would also have (any of): C# .Net, KDB, Cloudera stack, Java, FIX Protocol, Oracle, Coherence
- Solid analytical skills and enjoys solving complicated technical problems
- Should be a dedicated, self-starter, capable of working on complex time critical tasks either individually or as part of a team
- Able to effectively communicate with a variety of internal and external colleagues, particularly non-technical business users
- Experience in multi-threaded, distributed systems and be aware of the various pitfalls related to threading
- Business driven development testing practices. The team employs these and is always actively looking for ways to improve the level of automated testing of the electronic FX options algorithm and systems
Only applicants in the UK that DO NOT require sponsorship will be considered. This is an urgent hire and the process will move very quickly for the right candidate.
Looking forward to hearing from you.