Front Office Application Support Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Aviva Investors
- 02 Oct 17 2017-10-02
We are looking for an active team leader to head a dedicated Business Applications Team to support business as usual activity and future business initiatives. You will provide technical expertise for the team across front-office and Operations disciplines covering Equity, Fixed Income and Derivatives asset classes.
- Ensure internal customers are able to make investment decisions & are able to execute and settle trades efficiently across our electronic trading environment.
- Troubleshoot day-to-day operational issues implementing long-term solutions which support the overall objective of reducing the number of incidents.
- Contribute to improvements in the application support environment.
- Provide application support, enhancements and testing to agreed quality.
- In conjunction with other support areas and 3rd-parties provide agreed levels of systems availability.
- Determine training requirements, processes and procedures across support team to ensure service meets or exceeds our customers expectation.
- Interface effectively with other support teams and build relations with key IT users.
- Facilitate in the successful delivery of small projects into the production environment.
- Work alongside Aviva Investors project teams and ensure successful integration into production.
- Interact with internal and clients and BlackRock Solutions to serve as a local Aladdin helpdesk, managing expectations of service delivery, and provide superior customer service
- Strong front office and operations support experience within the asset management business.
- Strong inter-personal skills and service orientated approach (following the company's incident management process).
- Adaptability - in particular to manage and deliver support in the context of an evolving and changing organisation, addressing the ambiguity and conflicting demands that may result.
- An understanding of the UK asset management industry with experience of working with users from the front and middle office environments.
- Relationship management skills and an ability to engage with and gain confidence of others.
- Strong client service orientation
- Strong communication skills - written, pictorial, presentational and verbal.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter - proven ability to manage own time and contribute proactively to progressing and developing the Transformation planning process
- Detailed knowledge of any order management system (e.g. Aladdin Genie)
- Alternative applications that would be considered would be Charles River, LatentZero, thinkFolio etc.
- Knowledge of Fixed Income, Equity, derivatives, FX, and Liquidity asset classes.
- Ability to communicate clearly with business users and to then use this information to document into functional and technical specifications for further work. This may be in-house or required by a 3rd party vendor.
- Enthusiasm for, and comfort with, working in a dynamic environment whilst maintaining the quality and integrity of the investment data and working to tight deadlines.
Aviva Investors are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent solutions are based entirely around our Clients objectives, not ours. Whether our clients are looking for a standard product or something completely bespoke, they can access world-class expertise. Our aim is to retain business with named clients by providing a high level of service. For today's investor
Diversity and Inclusion
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we'll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is bought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. What's important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life. Diversity
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.