DESCRIPTION AWS Global Trade and Product Compliance Technology (GTPC Tech) is transforming the way AWS enables the global flow of devices to our data centers and customers. Our mission is to make AWS's approach to trade and product compliance the most scalable, accurate, and secure in the world.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer, you will make this vision a reality for our leadership team. You'll be designing and building the reporting systems that define our rhythm of business. You will be gather customer insights, mine data, and helping senior leaders make key business decisions.
In this role, you will:
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing performance metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
• Build scalable solutions / self-serve platforms that will provide data / KPIs to inform business decision making
• Acquire various data sources to enable holistic analysis at a global level
• Build various data visualizations to tell the story and let the data speak for itself
• Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
• Proactively developing new metrics and studies to quantify customer behavior.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth as a passionate learner that is motivated to take on challenges.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• Experience writing web components with ReactJS
• Experience developing reliable and scalable software solutions in a distributed, virtualized, or cloud environment
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through to actual launch of the project
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • BS or MS in a STEM related field
• Experience with serverless computing, enterprise-wide systems, and AWS products
• Experience with Redux and managing state in a web application
• Understanding of Agile software engineering practices
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role