French Speaking Syndications Senior Associate
- Upon Application
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Walker Hamill
- 16 Feb 18 2018-02-16
Our client, a major bank seeks a fluent French speaker to join its Syndications team at Senior Associate level.
Main Purpose of the Role:
To work alongside senior loan originators on all aspects of the syndication origination and execution process with a focus on the French corporate market. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting senior originators across the banking arm and securities business under a dual-hat arrangement. Under this arrangement, you will act and make decisions on behalf of both the bank and the securities business, subject to the same remit and level of authority, and irrespective of the entity which employs you.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following.
Support the loan origination function of the Syndications team under supervision of the relevant senior originator in the following.
- Although the role will require support for transactions across the geographic regions in Europe, Middle East & Africa, the focus of this role will be on the French corporate market.
- Support the relevant Loan Origination and Syndicate function throughout the different stages from initial transaction analysis to the final documentation and completion phase including preparing pricing meetings, underwriting applications and deal screen support memos.
- Take the lead producing high quality tailor-made client presentations and pitch books.
- Focus on internal/external management of the transaction in coordination with the senior Originator with emphasis on preparation of offers, client presentations and management of the documentation process when the Bank is appointed documentation bank or coordinator.
- Produce market research on pricing, deal structures and investor activity as required.
- Working relationship with the Bank's Corporate Banking Relationship Managers, assisting in the identification of target clients and markets.
- Provide general support to the Originators as part of a pooled resource..
- Develop industry expertise as required.
- Provide guidance and review work of more junior colleagues to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
Success in the role will require the following.
- Degree level education in a related field and fluency in English and French Languages (written and verbal).
- Relevant work experience in Loan Markets/ Corporate Banking /Debt Capital Markets/ Structured Finance.
- Broad knowledge of the loan product and credit analysis