Fraud Risk Specialist
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page Financial Services
- 12 Feb 18 2018-02-12
The successful Fraud Risk Specialist will carry out the Technology Risk function for the EU, performing risk assessments within a review framework for all new products and services, following controls and processes that are in place. In addition, they will support with new implementations in Europe through established processes, ensuring products or services are fit for purpose.
A well established financial services -digital fin-tech firm
Based in London
The financial services- fraud risk specialist will be responsible for the following accountability's:
- Carries out the Technology Risk function, performing risk assessments within a review framework for all new products and services, following controls and processes that are in place
- Supports new implementations in Europe through established procedures, ensuring products or services are for purpose, that risks are accounted for and mitigated appropriately, and that the new product or service will not cause any reputational damage for the business or its clients
- Supports security standards work led by Global
- Maintains the Technology Risk Register for Europe re outstanding payment security threats and resolutions, reviewing and updating its content on an annual basis
- Brings new, changing and emerging risks to the attention of the Head of Eco-System Risk, line management and/or appropriate product board, making recommendations on how to mitigate them.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on technology risk, ensuring key decision makers are provided with the information they need and giving technical guidance both internally and externally as required.
- Maintains awareness of key issues, latest developments, industry practice and governance around product and technological risk issues.
- Carries out research as directed by management or as required on topics that are pertinent to product risk strategy
- Manages the relationship with universities and/or consultancies to assist with specific technology risk issues or research.
- Builds and maintains positive business relationships with all departments involved in product development within Europe, ensuring they understand the technological risk implications as they relate to new product development.
- Develops responses to client and other third party queries about security of products and payment solutions
The financial services- successful fraud risk specialist will be:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent work in this sector
- Good research and organisation skills
- Excellent reasoning, numerical and analytical skills
- Deep technical knowledge of technology and risk issues relating to card products and services
- Strong sense of commercial awareness and a sound understanding of business and/or technical risks and controls
- Broad understanding of the Visa business and how different aspects of the business interact with one another
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to present to and negotiate with internal stakeholders, members and external stakeholders at all levels
- Knowledge of specifications and related products/ mobile technologies and/or internet communication and security technologies a strong advantage
- Ability to work independently and cross functionally
- Ability to dissect and analyse a proposition, constructively criticising it, evaluate separate but related documentation for clarity, consistency and correctness and constructively challenge what is proposed to ensure that processes are correctly described and robust, specifications are appropriate, implementation documentation is accurate and other associated collateral is in line with business and risk requirements.
- Based in London
Based in London