Forensics IT Project Manager
EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory services. We have people and operations in more than 150 countries, which are organized into four Areas - Americas, Asia-Pacific, EMEIA and Japan - and further divided into Regions.
All of our people work in one of our service lines - Assurance, Advisory, Tax, and Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) - or in Core Business Services (CBS) which provides internal operational support such as HR and IT services.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Our values define who we are. They influence the way we work with each other, our clients and regulators, and our communities, where we use professional skills to create positive change close to home and around the world.
Technology has always been at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We have 250,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every single day. Everything from the laptops we use, to the ability to work remotely on our mobile devices and connecting our people and our clients, to enabling hundreds of internal tools and external solutions delivered to our clients. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization.
EY Technology supports our technology needs through three business units:
Client Technology (CT) - focuses on developing new technology services for our clients. It enables EY to identify new technology-based opportunities faster, and pursue those opportunities more rapidly.
Enterprise Workplace Technology (EWT) - EWT supports our Core Business Services functions and will deliver fit-for-purpose technology infrastructure at the cheapest possible cost for quality services. EWT will also support our internal technology needs by focusing on a better user experience.
Information Security (Info Sec) - Info Sec prevents, detects, responds and mitigates cyber-risk, protecting EY and client data, and our information management systems. Forensics IT Project Manager/Business Analyst Job Responsibilities (EY PM/BA):
- As a Forensics Discovery Services (eDiscovery) IT Project Manager/Business Analyst in EY's IT Services organization you will be working in a very challenging and rewarding, hybrid, role performing Business Analysis and Project Management duties
- You will have the opportunity to work with teams of professionals implementing Forensic technology solutions to support the Forensic & Integrity Services (F&IS) business service lines at EMEIA. These solutions are core to F&IS strategy and will leverage the latest technologies in eDiscovery, Data Analytics, Cloud Computing, as well as world class infrastructure platforms and services.
- You will be responsible for engaging with our internal business teams to advise and shape projects to meet their needs, by properly defining their project objectives and mapping requirements appropriately
- Forensics IT Project Managers / Business Analysts work to create properly aligned business cases for project concepts, and gain stakeholder approval to submit for Leadership approval to begin project work
- You will map baselined requirements to their respective project objectives, gain stakeholder agreement and align tasks into a manageable work breakdown structures, and lead a team to deliver those projects so that they meet and/or exceed our business's expectations.
- Forensics IT Project Managers / Business Analysts create value-added project deliverables based on review and agreement with stakeholders, F&IS Leadership and the EY Assurance Project Management Office
- In the Forensics IT Project Manager / Business Analyst role you are responsible for the end-to-end delivery of projects and programmes, from conception to Go Live / implementation. You will work with teams that are geographically dispersed and comprised of all disciplines required to deliver Forensic technology solutions for our business teams, including architects, infrastructure teams, application engineers, 3 rd party vendors, quality assurance & testers.
- Successfully executing projects to agreed time, scope, budget and quality including developing objectives and plans to deliver on the business case benefits, budget and timescales.
- Performing the project management processes - i.e. initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control and close, and the supporting processes e.g. scope, cost, time, issue, risk, resource, communication, stakeholder management ensuring that the required project artifacts are delivered and approved appropriately based upon EY's IT project management methodology
- Planning for, monitoring and managing change through formal change management processes and stakeholder/business relationship management including reporting on variances to the approved project baseline and managing the approval or mitigation of these as appropriate
- Managing project work and resources to enable successful and timely completion of the project including performing stage gate reviews and quality assurance reviews with all aspects of IT organization and business sponsors
- Closing the project and formalizing acceptance of the project results ensuring that the benefits realization have been achieved or a formal plan is in place to manage these
- Communicating with project teams, management, customers and stakeholders including implementing and working through defined governance processes
- Coaching and mentoring both customers, vendors and project team members in delivery fundamentals and the benefits to successful requirements gathering and delivery
- Provide accurate and consistent weekly status reporting for key IT initiatives, deliverables, risk, issues and program financials
- Manage external contracts and suppliers related to a given project
- Monitor and manage project baseline to ensure activities are occurring as planned - scope, budget and schedule and managing variances
- Proactively identify risks and issues on projects - leading a team to develop risk management and issue management plans
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills in leading the project team in issue resolution
- Understanding of IT infrastructure technologies such as Azure Cloud, Citrix, Networks, Firewalls, Servers, Distributed Storage (essential).
- Understanding of eDiscovery technology, the EDRM life-cycle, and its use within the business of eDiscovery and forensic data analytics.
- Previous experience of managing large, complex, multi-dependency programmes of work in high pressured environments.
- Ability to lead, manage, and mentor a team of project managers to deliver projects using the correct balance of pragmatism and governance.
- Ability to re-act quickly and confidently to project related business escalations, to direct teams to assist, and communicate back to leadership clearly and calmly.
- In addition to programme / project management, this role is frequently expected to provide general leadership to the surrounding Forensic IT community, and in relation to this, support is often required after business hours / nights and weekends.
- Experience in Commercial Off-The-Self (COTS) products like Relativity (Review Platform), NUIX (Processing), and Brainspace (Analytics) is an absolute must.
- Experience of end to end deployment of eDiscovery applications (such as NUIX, Relativity, Brainspace, iPro) into datacenters and cloud solutions is required.
- UK Government Security Cleared (to SC level), or need to meet the criteria to be able to attain clearance.
- Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of client's organization and industry
- Identifies client organization's strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement
- Reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution
- Develops functional specifications and system design specifications for client engagements
- Confirms requirements are met as per baseline prior to project closure
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication), Business Studies/Administration/Management, Science & Technology, Commerce or equivalent in industry experience with an emphasis on Infrastructure and third party vendor product implementations
- Required language(s): English
- Expert in Microsoft Project Server, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiar with managing content on Microsoft SharePoint
- Expert with industry standard Business Analysis tools, standards and techniques
- Ability to be flexible in your overall commitment to speed-to-market while aligning yourself with effective project delivery
- At least 15 year(s) of working experience in a corporate IT environment
- At least 7-10 years of Business Analysis experience for IT projects with a focus on hardware and 3 rd party vendor implementations in a large, cross-organizational corporate structure
- Ability to collect detail in support of ROI, calculate the ROI and enumerate support statements for the ROI as it relates to business and IT Service Delivery benefit
- Establish respective budget numbers as it relates to all areas of costs under the Business Case, including but not limited to direct revenue impacts, operational and cost avoidance numbers versus project execution costs
- Work effectively with stakeholders to determine project objectives, map proper requirements to the objectives
- Gather appropriate project success factors and document them
- Conduct stakeholder analysis and document them in the appropriate deliverables and align them to the project's communication plan
- At least 10-12 years of project management experience for cross-organizational IT projects (This position is heavy Infrastructure planning, implementation and deployment / minimal application development experience is required for this position)
- Business Analysis certification is preferred but not essential (ECBA, CCBA, CBAP, CBATL)
- Proven working experience in global/regional IT environment/consultancy is required
- Project management certification is preferred but not essential (ITIL, PMI/CAPM, PMP, or PRINCE2)
- Ability to manage demanding stakeholders with multiple/conflicting priorities is a must.