This position will work across multiple departments and geographies to create high quality analytics, cohesive strategic thinking, and thought partnerships with the aim of placing the international business in the best position to succeed. This is an exciting opportunity for a proactive, energetic and talented individual to join a truly global and fast-paced international team. The team is very lean and the position has great exposure to top senior management of the organisation.
- Manage investigations on behalf of Executive Counsel.
- Work without supervision as the most senior financial investigator on individual investigations into misconduct/ breaches of relevant requirements by fellow professional accountants, audit firms or actuaries.
- Support Senior Forensic Accountants on the largest and most complex investigations.
- Responsible for determining the avenues of enquiry; using expertise to identify sources of evidence and request provision of documentation and information.
- Responsible for the allocation of case team resources; and the quality of work product from more junior members of the case team.
- Responsible for undertaking personally significant or complex areas of an investigation.
- Responsible for identifying and working with internal experts to clarify relevant accounting, audit, actuarial or professional standards, and ensuring the case team has a thorough understanding of technical issues.
- Use expert forensic skills to determine the approach to the review and analysis of all material obtained including experience in the use of electronic search platforms.
- Responsible for preparing and conducting disciplinary interviews with subject partners and external lawyers. Interviewees are frequently amongst the most senior members of the profession, advised by leading law firms and the credibility in these highly sensitive and contentious meetings rests on the skill and expertise of the Forensic Accountant.
- Responsible for the preparation of an objective report of investigation findings to form the basis of instructions to the expert and external counsel and of further action on the case.
- Work with the case lawyer in identifying an appropriate expert, and in drafting instructions for and liaising with the expert. Ensure that the expert report fully reflects and properly considers the results of the investigation.
- Liaise with the expert, case lawyer and external counsel in preparation of the Initial Investigation Report / Complaint. Responsible for ensuring that the results of the investigation and any expert opinions are clearly and accurately reflected in these documents.
Qualified accountant with significant depth and breadth of experience of (6-12 yrs) and expertise in forensic investigation.
- Expertise in managing complex financial investigations involving high volumes of material.
- Significant expertise in investigating complex financial data.
- Skilled in planning and conducting technical interviews of senior individuals.
- Significant skill (written and oral) in communicating the results of investigation to a non-accounting audience.
- Solid understanding of the requirements of a regulatory disciplinary process.
- Understanding of audit.
Randstad Financial & Professional encourage applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Randstad Financial & Professional acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003