Food Trading Sales Manager
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today's volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an international food trading company seeking a food trading manager focused on the European market for their offices in the Netherlands. Key Responsibilities / Tasks
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Responsible for managing 2 junior traders marketing food products (e.g. meat, fish, poultry, vegetables, fruits, dairy etc.) to industries/wholesalers/retailers within the European market
- Maintaining and developing relationships with new and existing clients while seeking new product and market opportunities
- Preforming regular market research to assess current pricing trends and managing potential business risk
- Working closely with shipping/logistics departments to ensure timely, accurate trades
- Reports into the Managing Director / CEO
- At least 3 years' working experience trading/selling within the agricultural/soft commodities industry (e.g. meat, fish, poultry, vegetables, fruits, dairy products etc.)
- A background in trading food products to wholesale/cash-and-carry/distribution industries etc.
- Fluency in English and either French, German or Spanish is essential
- Willing to travel worldwide to present the company at relevant trade fairs
- Located in The Netherlands or happy to relocate