Fixed Interest Credit Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page Financial Services
- 13 Mar 18 2018-03-13
Assist the Fixed Interest team in selecting appropriate corporate bonds (including Sub-sovereign, supranational and Agency) for retail funds, segregated mandates and private client portfolios. Predominantly large cap, investment-grade sterling, dollar and euro markets.
A European Fund within a Professional Services firm.
- Help fund managers to review and optimise portfolios
- Attend daily morning meetings and other relevant meetings in order to maintain knowledge and assist the institutional fund managers in the formulation of strategy and stock selection
- Ensure an understanding of portfolio objectives, fund and group benchmarks and risk, and fund guidelines - regulatory and IA
- Monitor issuer and sector allocations by company and industries
- Attend daily morning meetings, weekly meetings, e.g. Wednesday investment, administration meetings and any other meetings relevant to role (including company meetings)
- Stock level credit research, generating internal views and outlooks and producing qualitative narrative and quantitative outputs
- Monitor company announcements/research releases and highlight/provide commentary thereon
- Ensure accuracy and validity of data inputs and check outputs from quantitative screens
- Communicate broader stock, sector and strategy research and themes
Education and Qualifications:
- CFA Charterholder
Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrable credit analyst experience from 'sell-side' or 'buy-side'
- Advanced Excel skills
- Understanding of the financial services industry and investment markets with a good knowledge of key industry trends and best practice within the pooled funds sector
- Ability to analyse information on companies, judging the suitability of investments for purchase/hold/sale