Fixed Income Syndicate Trader
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION The Company
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US$1.3 trillion in assets under management, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and financial intermediaries in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise. The Position
We are seeking to hire a Fixed Income Syndicate Trader to join a cross-asset team, which oversees Wellington Management's interaction with broker syndicate community. This position involves a high level of direct interaction and collaboration with portfolio managers, research analysts and brokers to coordinate the firm's position on capital markets transactions, communicate market information and developments, facilitate trades, and identify trade opportunities. This position is based in London and will be situated on the Trading Desk at our offices, which are located at Cardinal Place, 80 Victoria Street. We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our employees are welcome to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice, and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
Wellington Management's trading philosophy and practices are based on the principles of seeking best execution, contributing to portfolio alpha, and managing regulatory, operational, liquidity and investment risks. We seek to execute orders in a manner consistent with these principles and in accordance with our written policies, which emphasize the fair dissemination, aggregation, and allocation of investment opportunities across our investment platform and ultimately our clients. Wellington Management's Trading Department employs over 60 traders globally and operates in specialized teams according to sectors and products. Our investment and trading activities are conducted on an industry-leading internally developed technology platform, which we believe creates a meaningful competitive advantage. An in-house team of managers and quantitative and business analysts oversee the 'business' of the department and provide in-depth, action-oriented insights into our trading capabilities and activities. Responsibilities
Principal responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Coordinating new issue interest for all relevant accounts under management, globally;
* Communicating real-time deal information to all interested investors, including changes to pricing and terms;
* Working collaboratively with our Global Capital Markets teams, which are currently located in Boston, London, and Hong Kong;
* Placing orders into the market with broker syndicate desks under tight deadlines;
* Allocating orders in a manner consistent with our best execution and risk management practices, as well as our policies and procedures;
* Gathering, analyzing, and disseminating market, sector and instrument information that identifies or creates actionable investment opportunities;
* Developing and enhancing over time an in-depth understanding of the investment philosophies and strategies of our portfolio managers, strategists, and analysts;
* Identifying potential capital market transaction opportunities, including financing needs and capital-structure inefficiencies, and soliciting potential interest from portfolio managers for these opportunities;
* Remaining informed of new product developments and market structure changes that may impact our business or our ability to access liquidity;
* Fostering new trading relationships and leveraging existing relationships;
* Monitoring and improving efforts to enhance efficiency while mitigating risk. Qualifications
The successful candidate is likely to have the following qualifications:
* 5 years of relevant professional experience, including time spent in either a sell side DCM role or a buy side syndicate trading role. Experience across a range of asset classes would be preferred;
* Strong academic credentials. An undergraduate degree is required;
* Working knowledge of programming languages (SQL, Python, R, MATLAB, etc.) and data analysis/visualization tools (SAS, Tableau, etc.) in a financial markets context;
* Strong analytical skills and an ability to apply those skills in a highly practical fashion;
* A self-starter attitude and ability to proactively identify, review and lead efforts to improve our processes;
* A strong work ethic, an outstanding attention to detail, and a proven ability to work deliberately and carefully;
* Strong interpersonal skills and experience in a collaborative, team-based, results-oriented environment;
* Impeccable integrity, fiduciary mindset, and ability to consistently place the interests of our clients as the number one priority.
Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants. SKILLS JOB TITLE
Fixed Income Syndicate Trader LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .