Fixed Income Solutions/Beta Portfolio Manager
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. The Company
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US$1.3 trillion in assets under management, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise. The Position
The Global Fixed income platform manages over $70bn of client assets, made up of approximately 150 portfolios and 240 client relationships. The portfolios are managed by Wellington Management's dedicated team of 31 specialised Global Fixed Income Portfolio Managers and 5 Macro Strategists, who have an average of 20 years' experience in the industry, and an average of 9 years at Wellington. Each Portfolio Manager is responsible for generating investment ideas in their area of expertise, which is either market sector, strategy, or regionally based. Our investment dialogue promotes collaborative discussions on securities across a range of diverse perspectives; the freedom to disagree and to make independent decisions on behalf of our clients is paramount to our culture.
To ensure we continue to exceed our clients' investment expectations, we are seeking to recruit a generalist Solutions/Beta Portfolio Manager. This individual will have accountability for client portfolio results within a team managed structure, with a focus on benchmark relative portfolio management. He/she will focus on portfolio design, portfolio oversight and position management in bespoke global fixed income portfolios Responsibilities
The role will consist of the following responsibilities: Portfolio Design
* Allocate to strategies for each individual client's objectives - return objectives, risk tolerance, investment guidelines, choice of benchmark, operational considerations, regulatory constraints;
* Ensure portfolio design is consistent with scale and efficiency goals. Portfolio Oversight
* Ensure portfolio design and portfolio construction is working as anticipated - day to day fiduciary oversight;
* Investment risk oversight - ensure we are not overly concentrated in themes, countries, currencies, sectors - ensure we are taking enough risk to exceed objectives, and not excessive risk outside of expectations;
* Operational risk oversight;
* Initiate evolution of portfolio design and positioning intervention as needed. Position management
* Allocate to team trade ideas for individual client objectives;
* Identify meaningful exposures and trade ideas from platform of Portfolio Managers - interest rates, currency and credit;
* Manage entry, exit and position sizing of exposures;
* Monitor investment risk in each unique client portfolio;
* Ensure scalability of the investment process. Team management
* Oversight of portfolio implementation managed by our Portfolio Analyst team;
* Partner with internal groups on servicing clients and business growth. Represent the team as appropriate externally in discussions of philosophy, team structure, investment process, investment results, outlook and positioning. Essential Skills
The following essential skills are required for the role:
* Strong working knowledge of global financial markets, macroeconomics, with experience in Global Aggregate Bond and Global Government bond portfolio management;
* Specific focus on interest rates and currency;
* Strong process-oriented background including evolution of investment and operational workflows;
* Risk management background;
* Fixed income derivatives knowledge;
* Ability to effectively communicate complex investment ideas and strategies to internal peers and external clients. Other Qualifications
Additional qualifications and characteristics are likely to include:
* Strong academic credentials;
* 5-15 years of relevant experience in a Portfolio Manger or related position with specific decision-making discretion;
* Independence of thought, intellectual curiosity, and an entrepreneurial nature;
* Service orientation with a fiduciary and client-centric mindset;
* Strong work ethic and attention to detail;
* Highest personal and professional integrity and ethics;
* History of professional achievement;
* Global perspective.
Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .