Fixed Income Risk Developer - Institutional Securities Technology – Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 27 May 18 2018-05-27
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley’s Institutional Securities Technology team is looking for a Fixed Income Risk Developer to join their front–office development team.
Institutional Securities Technology (IS Tech) develop and oversee the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the Institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets as well as Operations, HR and Corporate Services.
Technology Information Risk’s (TIR) mandate is to enable the Firm to manage its technology and data related risks through implementing proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management practices across the Firm to protect the franchise while capturing business opportunities. The TIR team partners with the business by ensuring that Technology understands how to manage, escalate and monitor risk.
The candidate will be joining the Interest Rate Derivatives (IRD) trading systems team within IST. This is a front-office development group with over 120 members spread over three continents. The team is responsible for trade capture, trade life-cycle management, market data management, curve calibration and systems that calculate valuations, risk, profit & loss and feed this data to downstream systems. The candidate will have interaction with the IT and trading partners, financial controllers, market risk and operations departments.
Currently we are looking into expanding this team in Budapest to speed up the global software renovation program which enables the Firm to manage its technology and data related risks through implementing proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management practices across the Firm to protect the franchise while capturing business opportunities. Therefore we are seeking strong technologists (intermediate level or senior) to work with our distributed functional programming platform on the back-end side. The role will include a combination of long-term strategic development and shorter term business-focused development as part of the team. You would be expected to gain expertise in several components of the platform and take full ownership of the projects from requirement solicitation to roll-out. A lot of internal training courses are offered to help you learning about financial products and the industry
- Gathering and clarifying requirements; collaborating with managers and lead engineers of the IRD team, broader partners in the Technology Division and business partners in order to understand technical and business requirements that will drive solutions
- Delivering new features/components from design till integration in addition to enhancing and re-factoring existing ones.
- esting the new features, supporting production deployment and post production activities
- Building strong relationships with all partners and the global IRD team
- Experience in functional programming/Scala or willingness to learn Scala
- Effective working in huge live systems
- Good communication skills in English
- Ability to work in a team
- Strong analytical and good problem-solving skills, result-focused and can-do attitude Ability to manage tasks and plan deliverables in a structured manner
- Experience and strong interest in finance industry
- Strong proficiency in core Java language in Linux server-side environment
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.#LI-RJ1