Fixed Income Research Associate - Utilities
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- MFS Investment Management
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
The Fixed Income Team is responsible for the research, management and trading of all fixed income securities and the execution of all currency transactions. The Research Department has analysts and associates who analyze the credit quality of issuers and issues being considered for purchase or currently held in the portfolios. They analyze industry factors, company fundamentals, debt structure issues and collaborate with their equity colleagues to achieve in-depth understanding of the companies they cover. It's their responsibility to make buy-hold-sell recommendations based on the fundamental analysis and relative value of the security in the marketplace and influence the decision.
• Establish fixed income coverage of utility companies across Europe (electricity, gas, water, regulated and unregulated), under the supervision of a senior analyst.
• Keep abreast of market developments in the coverage area – regulatory environment, business environment and financial trends.
• Work in collaboration with other analysts covering similar companies in equities and in fixed income across the globe.
• Review financial performance on a regular basis, formulating and adjusting investment recommendations and communicating these recommendations to portfolio managers across the globe.
• Two or three years' experience analyzing European utilities in fixed income, equities, banking or a consultancy.
• Exceptional analytical skills, ability to gather and concisely compile large amounts of information.
• Ability to work independently on complex projects.
• Sound financial analysis skills, as well as computer/modeling skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, etc.
• A university degree and a strong interest in developing a career in fixed income research.