Fixed Income Rates & Derivatives Trader
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Aviva Investors
- 11 Jan 18 2018-01-11
We are looking for a Fixed Income Rates and Derivatives Trader to join our COO team in London. You will take a fully integrated role in a value added trading team and operate as a specialist trader, focusing on specific markets within the asset class.
- Maintaining an ongoing dialogue with portfolio managers on investment strategy and collaborating with portfolio managers, analysts, etc. on the investment decision making process.
- Providing portfolio managers with meaningful information about market sentiment, trading conditions, liquidity and positioning.
- Understand various client mandates and guidelines to be able to recommend appropriate trade ideas.
- Undertaking all necessary sales / purchases of the allocated asset class (or subset) - for example derivatives, equities and fixed income products - as authorised and in the correct manner.
- Collaborating with team members and colleagues to develop a strong team ethos.
- Work with third party vendors to develop E Trading Platforms and tools. Ensure optimal use of Aladdin
- Executing orders on behalf of fund managers, in a timely, accurate and cost efficient manner; achieving best execution for clients in respect of regulatory and compliance matters.
- Complying with procedures and compliance manuals that govern the dealing process.
- Managing allocations across funds in accordance with compliance procedures.
- Minimising both transaction and opportunity costs.
- In-depth knowledge of rates and OTC derivatives- likely to have five years of relevant experience.
- A good understanding of the fixed income trading investment process.
- A track record of great customer service.
- A good up-to-date knowledge of the available tools and systems to enhance electronic trading capabilities.
- Detailed knowledge of best compliance / regulatory practices.
- Excellent numeric, literacy and communication skills.
- Strong trading system knowledge required Tradeweb and Bloomberg. Good MS Excel skills. Aladdin knowledge preferable.
- Attention to detail.
Aviva Investors are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent solutions are based entirely around our Clients objectives, not ours. Whether our clients are looking for a standard product or something completely bespoke, they can access world-class expertise. Our aim is to retain business with named clients by providing a high level of service. For today's investor
Diversity and Inclusion
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we'll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is bought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. What's important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life. Diversity
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.