Fixed Income Product Strategist - Emerging Markets, Vice President, BlackRock
- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Oct 18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock’s Emerging Markets Fixed Income group is seeking an EM Fixed Income Product Strategist who will be responsible for promoting the range of products and strategies managed by the Emerging Markets Fixed Income team, utilizing his/her intimate knowledge of the asset classes, the product range and our management processes to identify market opportunities and work with sales through all the firm’s sales channels. The person will report to the Head of EM Fixed Income Strategy, and will serve as a point of contact for BlackRock’s global client servicing group with regards to portfolio management needs.
- Serve as a product and market expert at client meetings, prospective client meetings, conferences and training sessions.
- Act as a proxy for the portfolio managers servicing the internal distribution channels, both institutional and retail, representing comprehensively and accurately the EMD investment process and views
- Utilize the firms internal resources to respond to client specific request for information and other inquires in a timely manner
- Provide current insight regarding product specific investment philosophy, process, strategy, performance and other relevant information directly or indirectly to clients and prospective clients and internally
- Participate in product specific investment strategy meetings with portfolio managers in addition to regular meetings with the EMD team and the global fixed income platform
- Develop and maintain a variety of materials to support new business development, existing business and other specific product strategy initiatives
- Take a proactive approach to solving client’s investment-related, business and operational issues which arise during the course of the client’s relationship with BlackRock by serving as the liaison between the investment team and all other areas of BlackRock (relationship managers, compliance, legal, operations, marketing and sales)
- Assist in the creation and writing of reports, white papers, and thought pieces on relevant topics
- Perform detailed quantitative analysis in close collaboration with risk managers and portfolio managers
- Solid understanding of Fixed Income and EM markets, including sovereign and corporate credits, currencies and macro dynamics
- Experience in emerging markets fixed income asset management
- Team approach attitude
- Understanding of the asset management industry, it’s products and various distribution channels
- Strong communications skills, excels at client meetings and presentations. Strong writing ability
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills. Solutions-driven approach with an ability to build and drive forwards business and client related issues
- A proven ability to market/service fixed income clients
- A track record of developing successful fixed income products
- Organization, high energy, self-motivation, history of working well in a global team environment. Ability to persuade, demonstrate enthusiasm, and inspire others regarding the product area
- Ability to multi-task and otherwise successfully meet a multitude of competing demands, often under significant time pressure
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.