Fixed Income Portfolio Manager - Fundamental UK, Vice President
- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Oct 18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The Fundamental UK Fixed Income team has responsibility for managing Blackrock’s Sterling Fixed Income portfolios, covering a wide variety of mandate types including active and passive Gilt funds, active credit funds, retail funds and buy & maintain credit funds. The role we are looking to add is a PM to work alongside the credit focussed PMs.
- Propose and manage trade orders by working closely with senior portfolio managers and the trading desk.
- Build both model and live Buy & Maintain portfolios incorporating analysts’ views, client requirements and market valuations. This will require active investment decision making.
- Development of portfolio optimisation tools to help streamline the Buy & Maintain investment process.
- Engage with key stakeholders both internally and externally, to aid further business development of the buy & maintain product suite. This will incorporate both client and consultant engagement.
- Work with the product strategy team to enhance our marketing and messaging materials for clients.
- Work with fundamental credit analysts ensuring funds are positioned appropriately taking into consideration their views and market pricing.
- Invest daily client subscriptions and ensure redemptions are dealt with in an efficient manner.
- Handle the teams’ enquiries and resolve issues by escalating matters to relevant parties including operations, compliance and RQA in a timely fashion.
- Monitor Aladdin Corporate Actions Manager dashboards and Portfolio Compliance dashboards ensuring all items are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Produce daily, periodic and ad hoc reporting required by the investment team using Aladdin tools such as Green Package, Prism and Tableau.
- Establish strong business relationships with numerous internal teams (BRS, GPAS, Operations, Compliance, Onboarding, Trading, RQA, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the financial markets, with familiarity in fixed income products and investing.
- Knowledge of Aladdin tools, particularly Portfolio Construction, Tableau, Portfolio Monitor, PRISM and Aladdin Dashboard preferable.
- Excellent quantitative skills; proficient with Microsoft Excel, ATX, and Bloomberg experience a plus.
- Strong process-oriented background including introduction of controls & procedures. Able to demonstrate keen awareness of Operational risk issues.
- High quality BA / BS in Finance, Economics, CFA or similar field with relevant experience preferable.
- Proficient in programming language (VBA/MATLAB/Python) preferable.
- Successful experience working both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; drive to succeed.
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills and the proven ability to work efficiently under pressure. Ability to work with challenging situations in a mature manner.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sound judgment, professionalism and discretion.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.