Fixed Income Interest Rate Product Controller, Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
See job description for details
C o mpany Profile
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
ISG Finance is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial reporting for the Firm, which includes preparing external financial reports for public filings & regulators, whilst working internally on Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA). This includes summarising, planning and forecasting the organisation's financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings.
The Liquid Flow Rates Product Control team is part of the Fixed Income Controllers Group. The immediate team consists of 3 people in London with a deployed team in Mumbai supporting the report production aspect of the role.
The team’s overall role is to provide financial analysis and business performance metrics to support senior management decision making. This encompasses daily revenue analysis, profitability and balance sheet reporting plus liquidity, funding, capital and ROE analysis. The team is also responsible for signing off the month end financial statements and presentation of these to firm management and external auditors/regulators.
Liquid Flow Rates desk covers EU Government and IR and Cross Currency swap products. This is a key role as these Business Units are integral part of Morgan Stanley’s EU Fixed Income trading division.
The role has standard daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly deliverables as well as a significant amount of ad hoc queries.
The role covers:
· Production: Managing the team’s output in terms of financial statement information produced in Mumbai and distribution of this information to the business unit and internal clients
· Control: Attesting to regulators and auditors on the accuracy and completeness of the financial statements
· Business Performance: Managing the production of monthly business packs for desk heads
· Accounting: Working with accounting policy to address any accounting questions that arise from new trade bookings
· Client Relationship Management: Maintenance of internal client networks in the Business Unit and other divisions
· Balance Sheet, Liquidity & Funding: production / development of monthly reports
· Ad Hoc: Projects and Queries as raised by senior Finance and Business Unit
· Educated to degree level
· Accountancy qualification from a recognised body or looking to obtain an accountancy qualification
· Experience in Product Control - Fixed Income would be preferable
· Attention to detail and accuracy to ensure close control of the P&L reported
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Awareness of emerging industry trends such as Basel capital rules and central clearing
· High self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
· Ability to partner and work effectively both with direct team members and with colleagues across the wider organisation
· Strong planning and prioritization skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks and with multiple stakeholders
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.