Our client is a world renowned investment manager. They are keen to speak with talented Portfolio Analysts or Fund Manager's Assistant Team Leaders/Managers to join their Fixed Income business. This is a 12-month contract with the opportunity to remain with the business on a permanent basis should it suit both parties.
- Manage and develop a team of 7 Fund Manager's Assistants
- Work in collaboration with a number of teams including portfolio construction, compliance, traders and investment professionals to achieve a common goal.
- Produce reports and models around portfolio risk. Articulate your findings to the investment team, and provide accurate information upon which they can base their decisions.
- Inform the trading team if trades need to be altered/ made depending on your findings.
- Have the opportunity to work on business critical projects.
- Analyse and monitor cash flows across different funds, including currency hedging.
- Prepare orders for the trading team depending on decisions made by the investment professionals.
- Ensure that orders are compliant with clients’ guidelines
It is essential that you can demonstrate:
- Capability to work successfully and efficiently, both individually and with your team.
- Leadership by example and by building consensus.
- Open communication. Those focussed on individual success do not flourish within this business.
- Excellent knowledge of fixed income, previous experience of working with derivatives would be advantageous.
- A superb academic profile. A degree in a relevant subject (minimum 2:1) and strong A-levels or equivalent are essential. Those currently studying the CFA would be at an advantage.
- An analytical mindset, and superb attention to detail.
- Previous experience of working within a similar role within an Investment Manager (NOT an investment bank) is a pre-requisite.
To be considered for this opportunity within a career defining business, please submit your CV in Word format.
You must have relevant right to work in the UK and unfortunately visa sponsorship is unavailable.