See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading.
From the largest global institutions to innovative new hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instruments including stocks, bonds, derivatives, foreign exchange, and commodities. Our professionals provide liquidity and content to clients around the world, actively assessing and managing risk, trading securities, and planning and executing transactions in the fast-changing markets. As the needs of our clients become increasingly complex, we often develop customized solutions.
The corporate FX sales team is looking for an Associate and/or Vice President to join the team in London. They will be involved in originating and structuring FX and other fixed income derivative solutions for EMEA clients with a focus on Italy.
• Working with Morgan Stanley’s Investment Banking clients, with a focus on EMEA corporates, to deliver FX Derivative Solutions to manage short-and-long term risk around ongoing business exposures
• Pricing and executing a range of products across the Foreign Exchange asset class (including G10 and EM spot, forward, and options)
• Responsible for the day to day running of transactions from start to finish, liaising with key internal stakeholders across Investment Banking, Capital Markets, Sales & Trading, Credit and Legal throughout
• Preparing client presentations and materials (including trade ideas) for a wider audience within the Firm and the financial services industry
• Experience interacting directly with external clients
• Experience modelling, pricing and executing FX products is required
• Experience with structured FX products preferred
• Exposure to the corporate client universe is preferred
• Must be fluent in Italian language
• Keen interest in financial markets
• A positive, motivated, can-do attitude and desire to work in a highly team oriented environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• You have strong analytical and numerical skills that put you at ease with financial data
• You are results-driven, perform well under pressure and against tight deadlines
• You articulate complex ideas simply and summarize them effectively
• You are committed to excellence in your work and maintain high professional and ethical standards
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.