Fixed Income Execution Trader
- Competitive plus bonus and benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- GIC (London) Private Limited
- 27 Oct 17 2017-10-27
GIC (London) Private Limited are looking for a Fixed Income Execution Trader to join their team in London. It is an exciting new role providing specialist trading services to the Fixed Income teams. We encourage Execution Traders coming from the institutional buy-side to apply for this role.
Portfolio Execution Group (PEG)
The Portfolio Execution Group (PEG) comprises of teams involved in trade execution, treasury and currency hedging, asset rebalancing, passive replication and trade completion functions.
Global Trading Unit (GTU)
The Global Trading Unit (GTU) sits within PEG and is responsible for the implementation of GIC’s investment decisions across all public markets. GTU’s two main objectives are to provide specialist trading services to all GIC investment units and to harvest and deliver differentiated market intelligence useful to the investment process.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our GTU Fixed Income Trading team as a Trader based in London.
- Work collaboratively with global Portfolio Managers to execute fixed income trades across a variety of asset classes including FX Options, OTC Rates & Derivatives, Corporate Credit Bonds & CDS, Convertible Bonds and Emerging Markets.
- European markets will be a core focus but will be required to cover US/Latam and Asian markets as well.
- Build and maintain internal partnerships; and communicate relevant and insightful market information to the various investment teams.
- Develop and maintain a strong external network to facilitate best execution and market intelligence.
- Work with GTU Research team to refine infrastructure for measuring and monitoring execution costs. Achieve sustainable improvements in execution costs.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- In order to apply, you must have some prior fixed income execution trading experience, we have a strong preference for experience on the institutional buy-side. This is not suitable for someone coming from sales.
- Familiar with the microstructure of the European fixed income markets, and ideally conversant with the execution platforms such as Tradeweb and MarketAxess.
- A good team-player, with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work with people at different levels through active relationship building and collaboration.
- Intellectually curious, with strong oral and written communication, as well as analytical skills.
- Able to draw out sound market implications from a myriad of information flow.
- Good working knowledge of execution analytics and transaction cost analysis.